OnePlus Nord 2 Android 11 Web Protection turned off notifications

BitBat
BitBat
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

OxygenOS Version 11.3

I keep getting a random popup message that Web Protection safety has been turned off. When I go look at Web Protection in-app, it says Web Protection is on.

When I go to Central it tells me I need to fix my phone.

I went through the routine of making sure I added all the permissions. I uninstalled it and did it again. Same notifications each time.

Someone else in the family got the same phone and the same thing is happening to them also.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Answers

• Hello @BitBat and welcome to the Community!

The Web Protection feature in Bitdefender Mobile Security keeps turning off likely because the device is using Power Saving mode to save battery, which stops the running apps.

If Web Protection is constantly disabled on the respective devices, check the article below for steps on how to fix this:

For IOS devices, it is important to note that Web Protection and VPN cannot be used at the same time:

More information regarding this can be found at the link below:

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BitBat
    BitBat
    edited January 2022
    The problem I have with those instructions is that One Plus Nord 2 phone is different from the instructions given by the site.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32406/

Not suitable for Android 11 on OxygenOS Version 11.3 for a One Plus Nord 2.

Someone there with a One Plus Nord 2 needs to go through those steps and write up how to do this.

It was this same problem last year.
  • Hi,

I am searching for someone that is using the same device, to find out exactly what are the settings for this.

I have asked for more information from our engineers and I hope to receive a response soon.

Let me know if you have found a way in the meantime.

Cheers.

• Any luck with this one? I haven't found a solution to it.
  • Hi,

We don't have this device available for testing, so I can't really advise on this one.. but surely it has to do with the Power Saving mode, as this stops the apps from running.

• I have not changed any settings and the problem stopped somewhat recently. So I can only imagine that some update did it.
  • Hi,

Yes, I hereby confirm that a recent update was launched and this surely fixed the issue you have encountered.

Cheers!