Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Endpoint installations all fail at 66%

Options
CBHB
edited January 2022 in Enterprise Security

I have basically been unable to install any Bitdefender Endpoints on any workstation or laptop for two months now. It is the same story every time. It gets to 66% (starting services) and then hangs for hours (unless I manually kill the install process).

The Windows Event Log is full of the following message: “The Bitdefender Endpoint Security Service service terminated unexpectedly

This exact situation has played itself over and over on dozens of machines including clean installs of Windows 10 Professional. Once I was able to get it to succeed after disabling Windows Defender, but I have not been able to replicate that success beyond one instance.

Bitdefender Support has been unresponsive.

Tagged:

Answers

• Are you using GZ portal?

• CBHB
    Options

Yes, I've tried using the latest installer downloaded from GZ.

• Ok

Did you only select anti malware in the install package. You can always do a reconfigure after it shows up in the dashboard.

Also use the slow ring vs fast in the update section

• CBHB
    Options

Where do I find slow vs fast?

Here is the configuration, continues to get stuck at 66% everytime on about 20 different PC's of different makes and models. All the latest versions of Windows 10 Pro. Find it hard to believe I'm the only one having this problem. Our renewal is coming up soon and if I can't fix this I'm just going to switch to a different product.

• First of all uncheck all components (Blue Sliders) except Antimalware (which you cannot remove)

To answer you question it is in the policy under general->update at the bottem

• jv1
    Options

I'm having this issue as well.

• Slow ring was already configured. I created a new package with only Antimalware enabled and was able to install it and then update and add the other components succesfully. But this is not a practical installation method for multiple workstations.

• Folks

This is the major way to get 100s of endpoint installed

Once the are showing up in the dashboard then create a task and reconfigure all machines that show online

Keep in mind right now we have to many folks streaming the Olympics and the ISP's are struggling

After that you will be fine..once you have the reconfigure done send a task command to reboot to seat the update

• Why is the installer not actually capable of... installing?

• My comment addressed what most tech's want get in out and move on to the next case. It all depends band width your client has let alone what windows updates you have gone through, as you know Windows through out a update trying to force updating to Windows 11 which is not officially supported by Bitdefender at this time. Of course you can use the full installer or the windows downloader and the product will install. I currently support 450 tech firms with Bitdefender..Just trying to assist you