Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Importing .csv file into BitDefender password manager

Options

Hi,

I am unable to import .csv (created from chrome passwords export) into BitDefender password manager. It has been very disappointing especially after BitDefender password manager is supposed to import from .csv files.

The error message is "Importing credentials failed due to unsupported file format"

Any solution?

Thanks

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @vemboy and welcome to the Community!

Have you selected Chrome as the imported .csv type?

Each browser has a .csv format and if the corresponding one is not selected, the import won't work:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you for your note.

I don't get the screen you are showing. I guess I must be doing something different.

I am invoking "Privacy tab" from BitDefender Total Security.

--Password Manager

----Manage Wallets

------import

As soon I click import, I get to choose the csv file. I don't get the option nor the screen you are showing.

Appreciate your help here

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

According to your description, it appears you are trying to execute an import into the previous Wallet and not using Password Manager.

Check the below article for detailed steps regarding the import:

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers.

• Thanks for your note.

I am trying to follow the below steps outlined in the document.

"Click the Password Manager icon 

in your web browser toolbar, or launch the Password Manager app on your smartphone. Enter your master password if prompted."

However, when I click password manager on my browser (which I can only right click), and click on "Bitdefender password manager" , it just takes me to the www.bitdefender.com.

FYI, I am on windows desktop with Chrome browser with the extension.

Please advise.

Thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I am not quite sure what is the blocker here, so my advice would be to get in touch with the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.