Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System scan randomly stops/disappears

Options

I tried 2 times to system scan and both times the system scan window just vanished, no logs, no error message nothing. I checked logs file and there is nothing there, except an old system scan file.

What is going on? Should i worry about a virus preventing scan?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Khetzal and welcome to the Community!

There have not been any similar issues reported so far and based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The engineers may request some logs from you.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Happened to me too yesterday, on a new installation. It was the first full scan done and it just vanished without a trace. There is nothing in the logs, not even the start time. After that, I started another one and that went well and found no threats.

I suspect a virus only because another deep scan that I've done a few days ago, on the same machine, with Kaspersky, also stopped midway and crashed.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Elpenor and welcome to the Community.

Please check for other security solutions and uninstall them. There might be a conflict if multiple security solutions are present on the device. Then restart Windows and try running another scan to see if the issue is resolved.

Have you noticed by any chance if the scan always crashes at the same point (such as scanning a particular file/folder)? If this can be determined, I would recommend contacting the Support teams to tell them what type of scan crashes and also provide them with a Support Tool log (taken when the error occurs).

This article shows how to create a debug log on your PC using Bitdefender Support Tool:

If you have concluded that the scan always crashes at the same point, run a contextual scan on that folder and tell us if the scan still crashes. Provide the following information to the Bitdefender engineers:

1. the path to that file or a sample of the file;
    2. Support Tool log (taken when the error occurs).

You can get in touch with Bitdefender Support using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I confirm I had this issue too when I ran the scan the first time. The second time it worked out normally.

• Elpenor
    Options

Thank you for answering. There was no other AV installed at the time of the scan. The scan didn't exactly crash - it just vanished and left no trace and therefore no way to figure out what happened. It freaked me out enough that I reinstalled the OS and therefore can't provide backlogs. Anyway, I merely wanted to add another instance of this happening to the one provided by Khetzal, sorry I can't be of more help. I have since reinstalled both the OS and Bitdefender and I have had no further issues with scans.