Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why is Nest Outdoor cctv camera freezing when Bitdefender VPN Premium is on

Options

I have just installed Bitdefender VPN Premium on my windows 11 computer and now when I check my nest cam picture it is frozen. But when I turn the vpn off it works ok. Has anyone any ideas.

Answers

• I have the same problem, following to see solution. Even tried split tunneling and added the Nest URL to bypass VPN to solve this, added the site to Online Threat exceptions in the firewall setting, still not fixed.

• I have tried those options and like you still not working. As a further note I have Bitdefender VPN on my Android phone and tablet and it works fine. It is only on my windows 11 computer and laptop that have the problem.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

@Bthom whenever the VPN is enabled, your computer is technically in another network than your nest camera, which means they cannot communicate. No bypass, other than switching off the VPN entirely.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks Alexandru_BD but I can't understand why it works ok on my android phone and tablet

• Not sure I follow since I can access the cameras on my cellphone when I’m away from home and therefore definitely not on the same network. When opening the cameras on the laptop you can access Nest and see the cameras, but the streaming is blocked and therefore not a live feed. Accessing Nest is not the issue, the issue is VPN preventing the live stream from the cameras. Doesn’t happen on my iPhone (using VPN).

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I think the engineers might have to take a closer look at this. It's hard to tell based on the information we have.

I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user