Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Raspberry Pi Vulnerabilities

Options

Hi all, I have recently commenced an Information Technology course, and one of the classes is focused on cybersecurity. A question in an assignment pertains to the dangers use of a personal Raspberry Pi in a workplace. I don''t know anything at all about these things. What are they, and does anyone know of any examples of workplaces that have been compromised by such devices?

Answers

• Raspberry Pi is a hardware kit. (Usually linux based) It acts like a mini computer that can be programmed any-different way. I have a Pi at home that I use to filter out DNS requests for known ad sites.

Since they are highly programmable, they can serve as a security risk since "you" don't know what they are programmed to do or communicate with. They are could be compromised as well based on which package is installed on them, if it has the latest security patches, etc.

• Thank you very much.