Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Work Profile Prevents Scheduled Scan From Running

Options

Bitdefender Total Security on Windows 10 Pro

I'm new to BDTS so this may actually be a feature not a bug. Plus I know nothing about how Profiles work or how they affect my system.

The problem was, I could not get any scheduled scan to run on my desktop, but they ran on my Surface Pro 4.

I remember during installation, BD recommended that I turn on Automatic Profiles. When I accepted, it said it enabled Work profile and something about Outlook, which I have running always.

Since my Surface Pro which does not have Outlook always running, I thought that might be a good place to start my investigation.

On my desktop, I closed Outlook and the scans ran. I disabled Automatic Profiles and all individual profiles and opened Outlook. The scans ran fine. I re-enabled Work Profile and opened Outlook. The Scheduled scans would not run. The pattern was the same for Excel open/closed, Work Profile enabled/disabled.

So my conclusion is, if Work Profile is enabled then Scheduled Scans will not run if any MS Office 365 app is running.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @franks59 and welcome to the Community!

This is indeed, the expected behavior, whenever the Work Profile is enabled.

The Work Profile has been designed to help you improve your work efficiency, by turning off some of your background services and maintenance tasks.

According to your activity, the following product settings are applied when the Work Profile activated:

• All Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

• Automatic Update is postponed

• Scheduled scans are postponed.

• Search Advisor is disabled

• Special offers notifications are disabled.

You can configure the actions taken by Bitdefender while in Work Profile, by following the instructions presented below:

1. Click the icon on the left side bar of the Bitdefender interface.

2. Select the PROFILES tab.

3. Click the CONFIGURE button from the Work Profile area.

4. Choose the system adjustments you would like to be applied by checking one or more of the options displayed in the new window.

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• franks59
    franks59
    edited March 2022
    Options

Thank you. Your explanation is a lot clearer than the product's explanation which is really vague and says nothing about postponing scheduled tasks. My scans were not set to run in the background.

Also it makes no sense to me why Bitdefender would postpone anything when Outlook is active since I imagine most people have their mail client active at all times whether they are "working" or not.