Is password manager part of total security or not?

When setting up total security there was a section about password manager and when I clicked on it I was taken to the web site and offered a subscription to the password manager but I thought it was included in the package, there is an area in the software saying set up a password wallet but I don't want to be adding extra payments. Could someone tell me if I just use it from the software I have purchased or is it an add on that I have to pay for.

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Consumer Support » Bitdefender Password Manager: Frequently Asked Questions

"What’s the difference between Wallet and the new Bitdefender Password Manager?

Bitdefender Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk."
  • Peter70
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your help

Answers

• Is the Password Manager part of the Family Pack? I bought the family pack because it was promoted as being Total Security for the family, but I can't seem to find anything stating Password Manager is part of it!

• Gjoksi

@FinolaJC

Hello.

Wallet is part of Total Security.

Family Pack is actually Total Security for up to 15 devices.

So, Password Manager is NOT part of the Family Pack!

Here are the Family Pack features:

Password Manager is part of the Premium Security!

Here are the Premium Security features:

Regards.

• Rick123
    Rick123 Mr.
    edited May 2023

I bought the Total Security Version & feel misled & cheated. It clearly stated on multiple sites selling this version that the Password Manager was included with this suite. Now I find out that it's a separate add-on for Total Security & I'd have to buy a Premium Version to have it's use. Will go back to Kaspersky when this subscription is up. Unimpressed by the vague baloney to suck you in with the obvious con job. Really not happy about this.😡🤬💩 product!!!!

• Hello @Rick123

It is now clearly stated on the Total Security product page that Password Manager is not included in the subscription. The previous display of Password Manager there referred to the included Wallet feature that will be discontinued in October this year. This terminology created confusion at the time and was removed, since Password Manager was never included in Total Security.

Password Manager is available as a separate product, but it is also included in the Premium Security and Ultimate Security suites. Kindly be advised that, information displayed on websites stating otherwise may not be up to date, if they are not official Bitdefender websites.

I hope the information is useful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• It most certainly did cause confusion. I myself purchased total security when the password manager was listed as included. I do not even have the soon to be discontinued wallet. Thankfully I do have a password manager that I have been using. I would have switched but not at that extra cost. Bitdefender has been causing my laptop, phone and tablet all to run slow, hang... nothing but problems. I researched and Bitdefender is supposed to be easy on system resources. Could have fooled me and I am pretty literate in this area.

• itbMe
    edited May 2023

Another point about wallet, the program module is running according to Task Manager however the service is unavailable in my Total Security. So not only am not getting the service included, my resources are being used by the service that I can not access!

• Hello @itbMe,

As the Wallet entered its decommissioning phase, the feature has been removed from the product starting with April 5, 2023.

This means that, if you become a Bitdefender customer after this date, or if you place a new Bitdefender order to renew your protection manually using an activation code, you will no longer have the Wallet feature in security solutions for Windows. Instead, you’ll see a link to Bitdefender Password Manager.

In regards to slowdown and performance issues, there are a few probable causes and you can check the article below for common reasons and troubleshooting steps:

Regards

• This might be a task for the engineers to investigate. Since the Wallet is no longer available in the product, it shouldn't be displayed there.

• Gjoksi
  • @Gjoksi do you still have the Wallet feature available in the product interface?

• Gjoksi