Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender Blocking Bittorrent Despite Adding Exception

Options

BitDefender is rapidly becoming more annoying than useful. I'm going to use Bittorrent and if one of the programs needs to die, it will be BitDefender. I hope you can fix this soon.

Comments

• Thanks DanB - you saved me from having to type the same statement. Either I get BitTorrent back or I too will be ditching BitDefender

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had exactly the same problem with BitTorrent Classic (the free version).

But, a month ago i moved from BitTorrent Classic to BitTorrent Pro (the paid version) and i never had the problem again. I can now use BitTorrent Pro without any problems, because Bitdefender Total Security does not block the app. And i still don't know why Bitdefender blocks BitTorrent Classic and does not block BitTorrent Pro, although they are from the same company and BitTorrent Pro is the same as BitTorrent Classic, only with extra futures. Just to mention that in my case BitTorrent Pro is NOT added to the exception list.

• Yesterday, all of a sudden, Bitdefender decided not to allow Bittorrent to open, even as an exception. I foolishly uninstalled Bittorrent, then tried to reinstall it. Bitdefender considers this installation as an attack, and scrubs it.

Suggestions on how to work around this?

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @Chris Knowles,

Have you also added the Bittorrent .exe as an exception for the Advanced Threat Defense module?

As for the workaround, you could uninstall Bitdefender, then install Bittorrent, reinstall Bitdefender, set the exception for ATD then check if the program is still being blocked by the antivirus.

If the issue persists, click on the link below to get in touch with the Technical support team who can help you sort this out:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

You can choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket, chat being the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user