Kindle

Lizzie1959
edited June 2022 in Mobile Security

Hi I've just successfully downloaded Bitdefender to my Laptop but when I try to to the same on my Kindle I get...

This Google account is not yet associated with a device. Please access the Play Store app on your device before installing apps

I have tried to do as suggested but the message still keeps coming up. Do you have any advice please?

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Hi Lizzie1959 :)

As far as I know, Bitdefender is not supported on Kindle.

Here is a list of the compatible devices for Bitdefender.

I hope this helped answer your question :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I had the same message, not happy I don't remember this being made clear at purchase, just stated covered 5 devices - makes my Kindle defunct & the Bitdefender useless as I use my kindle more than my tablet.

• Hello @KathyRich and welcome to the Community!

That is correct, Total Security offers complete protection for devices running on Windows, macOS, Android and iOS operating systems and can be purchased with variations of 5 or 10 slots for protection.

Although the suite covers mobile devices operating on Android, Kindle uses a mobile operating system based on the Android Open Source Project and created by Amazon for its Fire tablets, Echo smart speakers and Fire TV devices. It includes proprietary software, a customized user interface primarily centered on content consumption, and heavy ties to content available from Amazon's storefronts and services. Therefore, Kindle is not compatible with the Mobile Security included in the Bitdefender Total Security package.

The big difference between a regular Android tablet and Kindle is that the Google Play Store isn't present on the Fire tablet. Instead, you're limited to Amazon's Appstore and the apps available there. You also won't have access to Google's apps or Google's services..

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user