Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scanning does not remember previous scan

Options

I have installed an evaluation copy of "Total Security". Every day the program claims that security settings are altered, and inists that I perform the same scan every day! The program seems fine otherwise, but these unneccessary scans bother me.

I made a complete scan (6 hours!). Two days later the Security Center prompts me to do a complete scan and it is said to be the first complete scan, takes another 6 hours!

I reinstalled the program according to recommendation in the chat, but no difference. The complete scans are not stored in memory and therefore takes a long, long time. If this is not solved I cannot purchase the product.

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @CarlS and welcome to the Community!

Does your PC meet the hardware requirements? Did you complete a full system scan with Bitdefender? Do you have any other security solution installed on the same PC? This is very important to know, as there can be a conflict between the two antiviruses, if they are competing for the same resources.

The scan time depends on the number of files and it is not linear. Usually, the first scan takes longer to complete. The speed of a System Scan depends on many factors such as system specifications, large volumes of data, if computer resources are in use by another software, if it’s the first scan since installing Bitdefender and, most importantly, the number of archives & over-compressed files/backups. With every system scan, Bitdefender will index the files that have already been scanned and the scan time will greatly decrease.

But the recurring scans are unusual in this case.

if system resources are not a concern, the following solution may be considered: run the scan in high priority mode. This will instruct Bitdefender to compete for system resources on equal terms to other programs and decrease the time needed for the scan process to finish.

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the Antivirus panel, click Open.

3. Click the ••• button next to System Scan, then choose Edit.

4. In the Manage Scans window, use the drop-down menu to change Scan task priority from Low to High.

5. Click Next, then click Save.

6. Press Run Scan and wait for the System Scan to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

If this does not solve the issue, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• CarlS
    Answer ✓
    Options

When I changed the settings not to prompt for suggested alterations, the security checkup does not run every day.

My system well meet the requirements except for the part concerning Internet Explorer 11. I use Chrome. Dont know why the browser matters as Bitdefender is a separate program.

Today I changed priority to High, and the full scan time was reduced to half the time. Many thanks for the support, I will now buy the product.

With kind regards / Carl