Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is it possible to configure Safepay Virtual Keyboard?

Options
Awelon
edited April 2022 in Privacy

I am new to Bitdefender Safepay and find the virtual keyboard is relatively small and as the keys show multiple characters it is difficult to use and can lead to errors. It would be good if the keyboard acted in same way as other virtual keyboards (eg Microsoft On-Screen keyboard) which use 'Shift' to alternate between upper and lower case keeping individual key images less cluttered. In addition being able to adjust the overall size of the keyboard (as Microsoft On-Screen keyboard) would be a definite benefit.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Awelon and welcome to the Community!

The Safepay virtual keyboard does not have options for customization. However, I have noted your suggestion and I will forward it to our development teams for analysis, as we always encourage our users to share their ideas and tell us what features they would like to see in the product. We collect and send the valuable feedback received from our members on a monthly basis and if the features can be implemented, you will find them in the upcoming releases.

Thank you so much for your valuable contribution and keep the ideas coming!

We also have a dedicated ideation category here and you can always post your suggestions and feature requests.

Enjoy your stay in the Community!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Safepay virtual keyboard is still way too small! I have complained about this multiple times over past two years. Isn't there a way you at Bitdefender, can finally enable the keyboard to be made larger -- or, frankly, just set it so it is about twice the size! It is extremely difficult for nearsighted people to use.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @lpgoldstein and welcome to the Community!

We have received this suggestion a few times in the past, below are some thread examples:

The main purpose of the virtual keyboard is to hide from keylogging snoopers and ensure an additional layer of privacy.

You can try to increase or decrease the browser size by pressing simultaneously Ctrl and the +/ keys in the numeric keypad. Check if this increases the keyboard size as well.

While using Safepay, even if you are typing on the traditional keyboard, malicious keyloggers can’t record what you type. The virtual keyboard is mostly designed for privacy when you are typing from public places, where prying eyes might read your keystrokes when using the traditional keyboard.

I think it really depends on the size of your display/PC monitor, but the concept behind the virtual keyboard is to keep a low profile while typing sensitive data, therefore making it bigger than it is defies its stealth purpose.

Please refrain from posting multiple threads/comments on the same topic:

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022
    Options

Great minds think alike 😊😊 as I thought about the control + - key over the weekend to see if that would also enlarge the keyboard, but it doesn't.

I had not thought about the size of the keyboard being a security "feature" in regards to making harder for someone to possibly see it in a public location. That makes sense.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Exactly, apart from defending against keyloggers, the keyboard's size was designed with privacy in mind. So, let's say that you are in a public place, airport or terrace and you need to make a quick transaction while connected to the public WI-FI and there are lots of prying eyes around, you want that virtual keyboard to be as less visible as possible.

• Please confirm that my traditional keyboard is secure, once I have clicked on the virtual keybord icon and the keyboard appears on my screen. The BD User Guide says: "It comes with a virtual keyboard which, when used, makes it impossible for hackers to read your keystrokes." I thought 'when used' meant I had to click on the Safepay virtual keyboard keys on my screen. I have trouble using it, particularly since there is no visual or audible feedback to tell me that I have clicked, and only clicked once).

Thank you for Bitdefender. It helps me feel safe online.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @2ManyQuestions

Yes, the physical keyboard you're using in Safepay mode is secure. Safepay loads outside of your operating system so it, your operating system, will not be able to capture any of your keystrokes.

The virtual keyboard is just another option, a layer of protection when in a public location..it's harder for "them" to see you mouse clicking or tapping on a smaller virtual keyboard than your bigger laptop keyboard.

I hope that helped to answer your question :)

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.