Android scan Completeness

When Bitdefender runs a scan on my android device, the number of apps it claims to check is many fewer than are actually on my device. Also there is no mention of operating system files being scanned? My question is why does Bitdefender appear to be doing inadequate incomplete scans on my android device? I used to use Kaspersky and it reported scanning many more files and apps???

Answers

• Hello @Frazzle and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender Mobile Security scans all installed applications and .apk files. There are a few system paths we do not scan as:

1. System applications SHOULD not be infected;

2. Applications installed in those locations cannot be uninstalled anyway.

Mobile Security will make sure that the Android device stays clean by automatically scanning any application immediately after its install. So it will no longer scan those apps that have been scanned before or that have not been altered in any way. The only scanning option on Android is to scan the storage or not, and this is enabled by default. You can adjust the Scan Storage option from the Settings menu. However, it won't scan system applications.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I am having the same issue. Furthermore, my phone still appears to be infected with despite installing Bitdefender and BD VPN. Furthermore, I'm unable to reach Any person for assistance, when I seek help all I receive is an endless list of do-it-yourself help articles. If I could do-it- myself I would never have bought BD to begin with. Very Disappointed.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 2023

Hello @RenM,

The knowledgebase of DYI articles is meant to address FAQs and common issues that you may encounter, however in the event the situation you are facing cannot be resolved with the help of those articles, there is always the option to get in touch with the Bitdefender Support teams for a more in-depth investigation and additional troubleshooting steps, using one of the contact channels available at the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

You can choose between chat, phone or email/ticket, chat being the fastest way to reach them.

The Bitdefender community can help up to a certain point, however in the event more information is required from the device, specifications or apps installed, it will be necessary to get a hold of Support.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user