Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Android Auto do not work

Options
cwe
cwe

I have Premium VPN on my mobile phone (Android S22), or had .. i had to uninstall it realizing my car did not connect with my phone.

My car uses the phones GPS navigation (among many other apps, Spotify, SMS, phone contacts etc.) through Android Auto, which usually connects automatically. After installing the VPN it simply refuses to connect.

Android Auto is vital to me, so is not an option to just leave it off.

Android Auto is not an "app" that i can exclude with split tunneling and chose from the app bypass list, since it is part of the Android system, i can not chose it as an app.

I have Local Network on, but the cars network is not "local".

Anyone have experience with this? I hope there is a chance to get around this, I would like to have VPN on my mobile, but is not an option under these circumstances.

Answers

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @cwe and welcome to the Community!

That's an interesting point. Let us look upon it and see what can be the outcomes.

Can you specify where is your VPN connecting?

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• cwe
    Options

Thank you.

In Denmark. Could try if it makes a difference to connect elsewhere, but can not imagine so. I think it is the encryption it can not handle.

• RudyG
    Options

Hey CWE?! You are not alone on this. I'm having exactly the same problem here. Hopefully Bitdefender will get this fixed more sooner than later, even though since April 8th this thread had been quiet. Fingers crossed!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@cwe @RudyG

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @RudyG,

After doing some research on the internet, I have found that other VPN users, regardless of their VPN provider of choice, encountered this issue. Check the below post on Reddit for more user insights and explanations:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• cwe
    Options

Thanks for comments on this, and your investigations. It has been a while since i posted it, and gotten used to not using VPN on my mobile.

Then i considered the option of having an old mobile phone in the car for Android Auto apps, but of course that would need a mobile subscription, which kind of eliminates that option being too expensive :-)

I really do not think it is fixable, it is the whole concept with VPN connectivity that Android Auto can not handle, whether it is from BitDefender or any other VPN solution.

Btw. it makes no difference what country you chose to connect.

I am kind of "parking" the entire issue here :-) Thanks all.

BR Claus