Error displaying in Bitdefender Central

I have had Bitdefender for a long time and this year I switched to the family one to protect more devices. I have installed the program and did all the updates and yet my Bitdefender Central says the following:

This device isn't protected.

Install Bitdefender security on this device to keep it safe. It's already included in your subscription, so you can get it right away.

Enable protection

It says that it has been installed on one machine which is my machine so not sure why Bitdefender Central has this error under my devices.

Answers

• Hello @Treylin,

Using the device that appears unprotected, try the following:

1. Double-click the Bitdefender shortcut from your Desktop to open the dashboard.

2. Click the account  icon in the top right corner of the Bitdefender interface.

3. Click the Switch Account button to change the account linked to the computer.

4. Sign in with the e-mail address and the password of the Central account.

After completing the above instructions, your device should be displayed as protected in the Central account.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru, I had the exact same problem. Your recommendation fixed it, though I've no idea how. Thank you.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023

Hi @NEH, I'm glad to hear this and thank you for your feedback. 👍️

Yes, using the switch account feature sometimes helps synchronize the program with the subscription/license active in Central, it's recommended to do this especially when there have been subscription/license changes. For the devices to be protected, the antivirus must always be linked with the Central account where the activation code has been redeemed, because it draws its configuration and validity from there. In cases of multiple Central accounts, the program could remain linked to an expired subscription, for example, and the switch account feature allows you to connect it to the Central account that runs a valid subscription.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user