Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Access denied

Options

Dear support,

I live in Minsk(Belarus) and from March I can't use Bitdefender. From March 2022 I can't update Internet Security product and also have no access to bitdefender site.

From BIS update a get -> Update encountered an error (error code: -1017)

Will it be fixed or it's a permanent restrictions?

Thanks!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Try the steps under "Other error codes" here:

If that didn't help, your best bet is to e-mail Bitdefender Consumer Support here:

Regards.

• Hi!

as far as I understand cloudflare can block specified ip range which is related to specific region by the reasons that everyone knows.

because under vpn connection I can successfully update BIS and login to bitdefender central.

so the question is that a temporary issue or I need to use vpn all time if I want to have actual version of bitdefender and actual virus signatures?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @emoshin and thank you for reaching out.

In the Ukraine crisis context, access to Bitdefender websites and product updates has been restricted for Russia and Belarus regions. Sales of Bitdefender products and services have also been interrupted for the above locations.

Bitdefender stands with the people of Ukraine. Additionally, we are committed to helping Ukraine by providing free cybersecurity solutions to any Ukrainian business, government institution or private citizen for as long as it is necessary.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for reply!

I asked for refund. Hope customer service will approve it

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @emoshin,

Taking into consideration the subscription was purchased in March and the unfortunate context, it shouldn't be a problem.

Best regards.

• emoshin
    Options

Just to summarize all information(forum, email) about that issue: no money, no service. I will update virus signatures via 3rd party VPN until the end of subscription, but story is very weird. I would like to say that this is the last year of using the company's products, but they have already suspended sales for our region. So, I hope in the future the customer service policy will change and if sales for a specific region are stopped, all already sold licenses will be supported until the end of their term.

Good luck!

>Unfortunately, there's nothing I can help you with, at this point.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @emoshin,

I will try to refund your latest order placed in February. The problem is, we cannot guarantee that the funds will be released and returned to you due to international banking restrictions..

The refund timeframe usually varies between 7 to 10 business days. Let us know if the funds are received.

I am very sorry for this unfortunate situation.

Best regards

• emoshin
    Options

Thanks for your help and also for your participation in that question! I think there can be an issues with refund because a lot of EU banks refuse to make a money transfers to russian and belarus banks. And we might get into situation when BIT spend a lot of time and resources to apply refund, but I anyway won’t get money back.

So I already accepted current situation, emotions subsided and I will use it through Vpn. Also it’s not a big money which not worth the effort.

Peace!