Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm trying find out where the duplicate finder is located on Total security program?

Options

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

You can't find it in Bitdefender Total Security, because THERE IS NO DUPLICATE FINDER module there.

It was part of Tune-Up in older verions of the program, but it was discontinued since version 2021.

Regards.

Answers

• WRG62
    Options

Good answer thanks

• andreroest
    Options

Try Wisecare 365 is one of the best programs for this. (and No I have no connection with these guys)

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 2022
    Options

Just an additional note here.

Here is the thing with the duplicate files checker you need to understand. Some duplicate files finder available in the market only search for duplicates on the basis of date, time and name, which can sometimes be very dangerous since 2 different files can have same name and same size but different content and you might end up deleting the files you should not.

One good option is to use duplicate file finder software which uses hashing algorithms.

There are 4 hashing algorithms that can be used to find duplicate files (MD5, CRC32,SHA 1 or SHA 256)

Now have a look at the below software which make use hash based algorithm to detect duplicate files:

Clone Files Checker (which I personally use) - based on MD5, CRC32 & SHA 1 hashing algorithms

Easy Duplicate File Finder - based on SHA 256 hashing algorithm

Auslogics Duplicate File Finder - based on MD5 hashing algorithm

Remo Duplicate File Remover - based on MD5 hashing algorithm,

Easy Duplicate File Finder - based on MD5 hashing algorithm

Duplicate Cleaner - based on MD5 hashing algorithm

Xyplorer - based on MD5 hashing algorithm

The importance of using duplicate file finder which uses the hashing algorithms makes it easy to remove duplicate files.

For example, taking the above example that I gave, even if there are 2 different files which have same name and same file size but different content, their file hash will be different, hence when you will use the duplicate file finder which using hashing algorithm to filter duplicate files, in that case the above stated both files will not be counted as duplicate since the content in each file is different despite the name and size of the file being the same.

So always check for the duplicate file finder software which uses hashing algorithm in order to detect duplicate files instead of names or size of file.

As @andreroest said, Wise Duplicate Finder in Wise Care 365 is a good duplicate file checking software but it is only limited to scanning duplicates based on name and size of the files. They do not use any hashing algorithms which in turn may cause sometimes to delete the files that should not be deleted.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)