Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I am new to VPN how do I accesses e.g Netflix in another country

Options

I am new to VPN how do I accesses e.g Netflix in another country do I need additional app ?

thanks

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @Jaswabb48

As of this time, it is still an ongoing process of unblocking Netflix using BD VPN.

Also, if you are using the free version of VPN, you are locked into connecting to the closest server. With Premium VPN, you have the choice of connecting to multiple servers.

From this link: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/7126/

What is the difference between Bitdefender VPN and the Premium VPN version?

Bitdefender VPN is included by default in your Bitdefender product on Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. It offers 200 MB daily traffic per device (a 500MB daily traffic quota is included only in Bitdefender Small Office Security subscriptions) and automatically connects you to the optimal server, without having the possibility to change it. You can purchase the Bitdefender Premium VPN subscription to get unlimited traffic and the option to connect to any available server. The benefits of the Premium version will get unlocked once you activate the subscription.

If you have any other questions, be sure to let us know.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

The thing is, the basic VPN included in the subscription is not really designed for streaming, as the limited traffic will run out fast. In regards to Netflix, as Scott pointed out, we currently do experience an issue at infrastructure level. The developers have confirmed they have fixed most of the libraries, but we are still encountering some limitations on the provider side. Hopefully we'll get this sorted in good time.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi,

The Indian Government is going to place restrictions (maintaining logs, etc) on VPN's operating within the country. Will my free VPN which comes along with my Bitdefender subscription be affected by this measure. Please see following link for understanding.

Thanks

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/vpn-service-providers-slam-cert-in-directions-on-maintaining-logs-8480081.html

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @JaggerMeister and welcome to the Community!

Our security researchers will follow this subject to see how it evolves. Although we are obliged to comply with the law, we will monitor the progress of that legislative initiative in the context in which our main objective is to ensure user privacy.

Best regards

• Young Alex
    Options

Premium VPN advertises that using it we can access Netflix USA... is that the case and if so how do we access it

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Young Alex,

Using the Premium VPN you should be able to access the Netflix USA library. Access should not be confused with a Netflix subscription, as the VPN doesn't include that. It implies that the VPN connection unblocks streaming sites that may otherwise be geo-restricted in your area. Simply turn ON the VPN connection and select a US server. If you are encountering connectivity issues, you can apply some of the standard troubleshooting steps like:

1. try other servers

2. disable adblocker and antitracker

3. a flushdns

4. try another browser

5. try another device, such as mobile

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

• Young Alex
    Options

I have access to Netflix through my daughter's account. I will chat with her before I do anything rash! Thanking you for the advice.