Bitdefender Mobile Security: Battery Drain On iOS. Any Fix?

13»

Answers

• Hi,

Check if these solutions help reduce battery consumption for you:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• EyesOfTx
    EyesOfTx EyesOfTX

Bitdefender mobile security on my iPhone SE 2nd Generation has totally destroyed the ability of the phone to support my work. It is infuriating to have to spend days and hours in a futile attempt to fix a problem created by Bitdefender. I've been a Bitdefender user and advocate for years but this matter is just TOO MUCH. Where is Bitdefender's service? Why is this taking so long to fix? This is ruining your firm's reputation and yet there seems to be little interest in fixing a horrible problem.

• I am using Iphone SE 3rd generation. It slows my device down and look at the battery consumption in 24hours….more than 70%.

• Me too, 3rd gen (I errored as 2nd gen in previous posting, didn’t realize I had the newest SE at the time). This product works great on husbands’ HP! I tried all of the self help Bitdefender suggested to no avail. They do suggest it’s the apps we are using. Apple community was very snarky when I reached out to see if anyone else had same issues with any web/virus products. I don’t Zoom, stream music/videos/movies. I don’t play action style video games. Tried to post screenshot (I can’t post links?), 55% Bitdefender after a total less than 3 hours after phone charged 100%. 55% was Bitdefender, then 10% for phone. Battery drained to 57%. I gave up. Keeping it for Windows. I’d like to hear from iPhone users who are successfully using Bitdefender.

• FixFox
    FixFox Eng

I just discovered the same issue on my iphone and it really sucks!!! Now I can turn off bitdefender otherwise the battery won’t last a half day.

When does this problem get fixed?

I signed up for a multi device license because I wanted to protect my mobile devices too. Now it seems like i have wasted money. That’s a shame.

Can I revert my subscription?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@FixFox

Hello.

You may obtain a refund by contacting:

refunds@bitdefender.com

within 30 days of your initial purchase or of the automatic renewal date.

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@agozob can you check on this and provide information related to battery drain on iOS.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• agozob
    agozob Team Lead, Cyber Threat Intelligence Lab BD Staff

@Flexx, I unfortunately do not have enough insight about Bitdefender Mobile Security iOS to tell you exactly what might cause these issues but I will try to provide a point of view which will hopefully help.

After reading this thread it seems that the battery drain is linked with the Web Protection feature. My input about this is that the issue could be the fault of the operating system or the "state" of the device (installed applications, different settings such as "Auto Updates" in App Store). The reason why I'm tempted to say this is that the Web Protection feature uses a framework provided by the OS to act like a VPN, by intercepting and filtering the network traffic (this should get rid of some confusion regarding why it seems like VPN is enabled when Web Protection is on). Given these facts, battery consumption due to Web Protection should be directly linked to the network usage, so there are two possibilities in my opinion:

• the framework provided by Apple (I believe it's called "Network Extension") by itself might have some battery draining issues (you can maybe test this by trying out any 3rd party VPN app and see if the problem persists)
    • some other installed applications or the OS itself could have a high network usage in the background (such as downloading updates over the night), causing Bitdefender to process and filter a higher traffic than usual

I do recommend that you all reach out to the support team with as many details as possible regarding your device and usage patterns, any detail could help.

Hope you find this useful!

• The drain appears to be chip technology based. Ipad pro M1 16.4.1 - drains and now uninstalled - fed up with it. iPhone XS 16.4.1 no issue at all. Both devices are up to date.

• ...and still the same issue. I forgot why I had deleted Bitdefender from my phone. See you in another year's time.

Draining your phone is not a security solution.

• Mobile Security (iPhone 13 Pro Max . Battery usage circa 30%. +

I thought this battery drain issue had bee resolved many months ago in June - July 2022?

Why is this still and issue?

• Flexx

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

• tesla phone
    tesla phone Tesla Pi Phone
    edited July 2023

Battery drain is a common concern for mobile security apps like Bitdefender Mobile Security on iOS devices. While it's difficult to pinpoint an exact fix for battery drain issues, there are a few steps you can take to optimize the app's performance and potentially reduce battery usage.

First, ensure that you have the latest version of Bitdefender Mobile Security installed. Developers often release updates that address performance issues, including battery drain concerns.

Next, check the app's settings and customize them to strike a balance between security and battery usage. Some features, such as real-time scanning or constant background monitoring, can be adjusted to consume less power without compromising your device's protection.

Furthermore, managing your overall device usage can contribute to better battery life. Close unnecessary background apps, limit resource-intensive activities, and disable any redundant features or services.

• Hi. New on this page. Took a look at my battery usage on my iPhone SE. Mobile Security is 1%. Yes, I use it every time I'm on the phone. Half the time when I sign on, I get an ad to buy Web Protection. Sometimes I have to swipe the app off and reload to get past the ad and 90% of the time when I run a scan, I have to do it twice and tap "activate web protection". I sometimes have to go through that drill twice. Checked my iPad. Mobile Security is at the top of the list for battery usage. Not sure what's going on at this point. 🙄

• Flexx

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Also @agozob can have a look into this for you.

Regards

• MatteBegge
    edited August 2023

I'm also unable to use web protection due to high battery usage. This problem has always existed. Wonder if we ever will se a solution to it. I've experienced the same problem on different models of iPhone.

iPhone xs

iOS 16.6

Mobile Security 7.0.0

• Flexx

• I do appreciate Bitdefender addressing our battery drain issues for all this time. I have yet to see anyone who has posted their concerns coming back saying they jumped through all of Bitdefenders hoops to make the applications work without so much battery drain. It would be super to hear some positive remarks? I gave up, sorry to say.

• Flexx
    edited December 2023

Can I install a new iPhone on an Android device? Let me know if that is a success 😂

Regards

• I installed Bitdefender Parental Control on a brand new iPhone 15 Pro.

i noticed that my phone was hot at all times and keeps on draining battery. i checked that the app is on 75% active with no other apps running.

I deleted it and the issue went away.