Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Error code 501 when scanning (android)

Options

Hi,

I have a error code 501 when scanning my device. the scan stop half way and give me the code, no explanation for it. it say my device is at risk. Android phone

Comments

• gmilan
    Options

never mind... i find the issue. restricted internet connection at work! witched over mobile data and everything works fine. 😀

• HenrikA
    Options

I have the same problem. It says the risk is an app I just installed, but I have not installed any apps for two weeks.

• Hi, I made a big Bo Bo today and pressed on what I thought was a legit site.:

As it turned out it wasn't legit and after cancelling card, went to Scam Watch etc

I just went to scan my phone ( Android ) it came up with an 'Error Code 501'

Please help.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @CHAPUISARMES,

Check your internet connection, switch between networks (wi-fi, data) and resume scanning the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Yeah! it happened to me as well and a security threat start poping up on my android then I started scanning it keep on for long hours and then I had to go for factory reset unfortunately.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Arfeinsumo,

Did the antivirus show what application was detected as malicious during the scan and recommended uninstalling?

• Laurie Sargeson
    Options

Error 501, I've just this week bought Bitdefender and already having problems with it, damn annoying and at this moment am wondering if I made a mistake. This never occurred on past computer protections, on that basis the fault must be with Bitdefender. This is the reason and purpose I get computer protection, if there is a problem in the programming... fix it and don't give me problems or reasons to be concerned. it what I pay for.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

If this is related to android, @agozob may be able to help you.

Alternatively, you can also contact bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

Also attach the screenshot of the error that you are getting.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Videostar25
    edited July 2023
    Options

I have the same problem but the scan stops on the 50th app to be scanned. The first was Docs and when I removed that it became Boots. If I turn off the VPN the scan works fine.

I reinstalled Docs and kept the VPN off and the scan worked. Turned VPN back on and again it stuck on number 50, Boots, then failed with the Error Code 501 message.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly wait for @agozob to check and reply on this.

Alternatively, you can also contact bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

Also attach the screenshot of the error that you are getting.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I would also recommend to get in touch with the Support teams regarding this, because more information might be required for troubleshooting, especially since we have two new reports on this thread..

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Danem
    Danem Mr Menad
    Options

Bonsoir,

Apparition du message "Code erreur 501" sur écran au milieu du scan par Bitdefender.

Prière de m'assister.

Merci et bonne soirée.

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Options

To Danem,

Contactez le support Bitdefender.

Bonne soirée,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Bonjour @Danem,

Ce code d'erreur est généralement lié à des problèmes de réseau. Vérifiez votre connexion Internet, basculez entre les réseaux (wi-fi, données) et reprenez l'analyse de l'appareil.

Faites-nous savoir comment ça se passe.

Cordialement,

Alex