Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I wanna know if this virus is real one or a false positive

Options

So i got a virus apparently but i am not sure if it is a real one or not. It was in fact created in 2019 on my windows device.

Location: C:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE=>(Embedded EXE g)

Virus name:Gen:Variant.Tedy.10842

View log and a screenshot:

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue(s) and create a log on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

with short description of the issue(s).

As Category just select "Malware Removal".

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the engineers from Bitdefender Labs to investigate your issue and find solution to fix the issue.

Also, you could report the file as false positive here:

REMEMBER: Only the engineers from Bitdefender Labs can tell you if it is a virus or not!

Regards.

EDIT:

Sorry, dind't notice you already created a BDsysLog.

Send that log file to the Bitdefender Labs, not here. Don't get me wrong, but nobody here can and will analize the log file. It is also password protected.