Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Using Password Manager

Options
Brianpals
edited May 2022 in Password Manager

When installing Bitdefender for a second time it wouldn't let me copy and paste my password from my password manager.

Is this normal? If so, why? It can't be for security reasons as I'm using my password manager and that's more secure than Bitdefender any day.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Brianpals and welcome to the Community!

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

What Password Manager are you using? Bitdefender also offers a standalone Password Manager with military standard, cryptographic algorithms – AES-256-CCM, SHA512, BCRYPT, HTTPS, and WSS protocols for data transmission and is ISO 27001 and GDPR compliant and you won't find anything else more secure than this.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for getting back so quickly. Sorry about not saying that I use the 1Password password manager.

It's very kind of you to offer me the Bitdefender password manager but that means I'd have to stay with Bitdefender and I tend to change each year because they do NOT reward loyalty. They bump up the price like any other organisation on subsequent years.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited May 2022
    Options

@Brianpals

I don't say this just because I post here. I have used 3 - 4 different AV's over the years, and consistently Bitdefender offers the best value price-wise. They constantly seem to have a promotion running. Granted, some are for first-time uses, but if you disable Auto-Renewal, you will get a notification that your subscription is about to expire, or keep track of it from your PC console. Chances are really good that you will get a generous discount offer by them to re-new.

As far as what they may do in the future price-wise with PM (stand alone) is yet to be seen, but I don't see them being greedy about that one either :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Thanks for your input Scott.

I've had a look for the auto-renewal but I can't see it. Can you point me in the right direction, please? Is it in the app or the PC?

• Scott
    edited May 2022
    Options

You're welcome, Brianpals :)

That information can be found here, "How can I modify the Auto-Renewal Option". Some of us have found that Method 1, works the best. Let us know if you need anything else.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Brianpals,

The engineers will have to take a closer look on this one, as more information might be required from the machine.

In regards to pricing, in most cases, new acquisitions from our website come with a substantial discount. We are dedicated to saving customer's time and money by providing the most advanced products at the fairest prices. 

Each Bitdefender product has a standard price list. Depending on the various campaigns or means of sale, discounts may apply, but the initial list price does not change. At our official websites, the discount pricing displays a "for the first year" note and this indicates the discount will only be applied for the current purchase and it is not valid for the next billing cycles. This might leave the impression that the prices are bumped up for subsequent renewals when in fact, the renewals are applied at the full list price of the products.

The offers and discounts are configured by our Sales and Pricing department, based on comprehensive market studies and subscription type. The Bitdefender solution is the result of years of development. The most skilled engineers and technicians were involved in its creation and the latest technology and cyber security measures are reflected in the price.

Upgrades are applied with each new version of the product in order to stay ahead of the most sophisticated threats and for such reasons, a fixed price cannot be guaranteed over the years, as considerable investments in development are on the rise and discounts may also fluctuate, depending on various campaigns and points of sale.

Furthermore, multiple independent tests and reviews reconfirmed Bitdefender as the #1 security technology:

Of course, the decision is yours to make, according to what is best suited for your needs and whatever that decision might be, stay protected.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Options

Nice "behind the scenes" informative post, Alexandru.

• Bit defender manager seems to be causing more problems that it solves. I have been a loyal customer for for tears, but I am getting tired of continuing to sign my details every time I use it on Chrome. I s there no better way of resolving this problem . Or do I have to uninstall it and go back to Chrome own manager . I am sorry folks its getting to the point I don't know where I am . It should not be the case it should be seamless.

• Scott
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @Peter O

This should have been resolved for you a while ago with the version 1.1.4 update.

Confirm you're on 1.1.4 when you log in, or from the app Settings tab and scroll down to the bottom.

Kind regards,

Scott