How to disable "suspicious connection blocked"

Hi folks. I recently updated my Bitdefender (free version) to it's newest version. I never had this issue with the previous version. Everytime I navigate in different sites it always pop up this notification "suspicious connection blocked" (most of the time each 30s or 1min), which is very very annoying. I had search for a solution without success. Please don't tell me that the solution is to disable some kind of shield/protection provided by the antivirus otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have an antivirus. It's completely impossible to use the internet in this terms and my patience begins to run out because I always have to close 10 notifications and then after 30s another new 15 pop up. If there is no solution for such issue I consider uninstalling the antivirus to opt for another one.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Best regards

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

First, take screenshot of the issue and create a log on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshotyou already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screeshot and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding solution.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022

Hello @Sashimi

This situation might be caused by the fact that the websites in the notifications have expired certificates.

But based on your your description, if multiple websites trigger this notification, the problem might be somewhere else.

However, your browser might still connect to those pages through previously allowed notifications or toolbars/extensions. The first recommended step is to clear the cache & cookies, remove any unused/unknown extensions and if the issues persist, reset your browser. You can find detailed instructions here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2574/

Alternatively, if the above steps do not return the expected result, you may contact the Support Teams for a detailed investigation of the machine, as @Gjoksi suggested.

Let us know how it goes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user