Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

YouTuber Demonstrates Fake Charging Cable That Can Hack Your Computer

Alexandru_BD
Alexandru_BD admin
edited December 2022 in News & Blogs

Whether you use Android or an iPhone, you’ve probably collected a fair tangle of charging cables by now: USB-C, micro-USB, mini-USB, lightning, you name it.

Moreover, a lot of other devices use the same cables to charge: Bluetooth headphones, speakers, keyboards, mice, photo cameras and more. Chances are you have a charging cable right now in your bag or on your desk.

But how much do you trust your charging cable? Did it come with the device? Is it the cheapest replacement you found online? Did you just borrow it from someone? Do you even remember where you got it?

https://www.bitdefender.com/blog/hotforsecurity/youtuber-demonstrates-fake-charging-cable-that-can-hack-your-computer/

Special thanks to @Withoutfurtherradu for yet another insightful article in the Bitdefender blog 🔝

While this might be a tempting tool to prank your friends, it can do some serious damage in the wrong hands. Now, where do I order one? 😅

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

AliExpress is the place to order one, or two, or maybe three cables... 😉

• True, AliExpress seems to be infinite, just like the Universe 😄

I used to order phone cases from that place. It took them a while to get here from China, but they were ridiculously cheaper compared to other online marketplaces.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Giryoku
    Giryoku ✭✭✭

The place to be 🤣

• Giryoku
    Giryoku ✭✭✭

But, could a feature in BD, which asks for permission to install / use new hardware / drivers, be a solution?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think that is possible. Only hardware manufacturers like Apple can apply such permissions for their devices.