Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Recently upgraded to new PC and installed Bitdefender TS. Firewall will not stay turned on.

Options

I've had Bitdefender for years and never had a problem. I recently got a custom built PC delivered and reinstalled Bitdefender TS. Unfortunately, for some reason, my firewall refuses to stay turned on. I've contacted Support about 2 weeks ago and attached the file, but there's been no contact back.

Trying here to see if anyone has any suggestions on why Bitdefender Firewall keeps wanting to shut itself off. I'm almost to the point off completely uninstalling Bitdefender and starting over.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Hogger49,

Follow the guidelines from this Microsoft article, then restart the computer and try again to activate the Bitdefender Firewall:

If this repair strategy doesn't work, try the steps provided in the article below:

Let us know how it goes.

I have noticed that the Support representatives asked for a screenshot from you in the latest ticket raised on this matter. I hope it will be resolved shortly.

Regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hogger49
    edited May 2022
    Options

Alexandru_BD

I noticed your comment about the screenshot. This is the first I'm hearing about a request for a screenshot. The one and only response I have seen is two weeks ago that support had rec'd the ticket and would be in touch. I assume that was automated. I have seen nothing since. I've rec'd no email notifications and there's nothing else when I log in to the website.

• Hogger49
    Options

BTW, I looked at your initial resolution which is to repair the Windows firewall. Are you aware that "fix" instructs you to uninstall Bitdefender AV before you run the test? I'm curious how you're supposed to run the diagnostic and turn on Bitdefender AV when it's not on your system any more?

Looked at the second recommendation and verified that Base Filter is already on "Automatic" and actually running.

• Hogger49
    Options

Spent a few hours today meandering through Bitdefender user manual, etc. and doing searches for problems with Win10 and Bitdefender on Internet. Instinct told me to uninstall Bitdefender, restart pc and then do a reinstall. Worked seamlessly. Screens in Bitdefender are now populated, where before, everything was grayed out. Firewall is back up and running. I'm going to shut off PC and take a break and log back in later and see if life is back to normal. Appreciate the help/advice everyone was giving me earlier. Have my fingers crossed the problem is resolved.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Hogger49,

Thank you very much for following up on this. Yes, if the product doesn’t work correctly, is showing errors, or does not respond, reinstalling it usually fixes these glitches and it's a straightforward process.

In regards to your Support inquiry, I have noticed that you actually have two tickets, one was recently closed automatically, after a Support representative sent a reply to you on the 18th of May, but did not receive a response. The second ticket is still open, pending confirmation from you. One of the agents asked for a screenshot two days ago.

Kindly check your spam folder as well (on the comcast e-mail address), as there's a chance their responses ended up there. If the e-mails cannot be found, there could be an issue with the e-mail provider...

Glad to hear the situation was resolved.

Regards and stay safe

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user