Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN - older version

Options

hello, after last update to 25.5.4.4 version i have problem, that my 3dsmax doesnt start.... before this update everything runs ok. Can i get somewhere older version ? thanks.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @tomasso and welcome to the Community!

Once updated, the VPN version cannot be "detuned". If the program no longer starts when using the VPN, try the following steps:

1. Press the Windows Start menu in the lower-left corner of your screen, then type in ncpa.cpL and hit Enter on your keyboard. This will open up your list of network adapters.

2. Right-click the network adapter that has the description AnchorFree TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and choose Properties.

3. Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click the button Properties.

4. Click Advanced from the main properties window for the TCP/IPv4 protocol.

5. Click Add under Default gateways.

6.  Enter the IP address of your router, then press Add and OK to validate the changes. 

In this screenshot we have added a default gateway of 192.168.0.1 which is the default IP address of most routers and ADSL modems. To find the IP of your router:

• go to Windows Start menu 

, type in cmd and press Enter

• type ipconfig in the Command Prompt window, then press Enter

• your gateway IP address is listed next to Default Gateway

7. Now reconnect to Bitdefender VPN. When you open up any of the applications they will see an active internet connection.

Let us know how it goes. In the event the steps above do not fix this, kindly get in touch with the Technical Support Teams for a more detailed investigation. You can reach our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• tomasso
    Options

hello alexander, thank you for response but it doesnt work like before last update. Program stil doesnt work. Only when i turn off VPN during using it... and i use it almost all the time and i need VPN too ... so its strange :)

• Justsomedude
    Options

@tomasso:

I experience the exact same problem. After my VPN client got updated to version 25.5.4.4 all applications where broken when connected to the VPN. However, when I disabled the flag (Internet Kill-Switch) all my problems disapeared.

It looks like this update simply broke this feature. If you enable the Internet Kill-Switch, connect with the VPN client, and do a simple ping command on the command line (ping google.com), you will see something like "General Failure", but when you disable the Internet Kill-Switch, you will see ping command is working fine again.

@Alexandru_BD :

Is this issue known at the Bitdefender side? The suggestion you make above cannot work because when you disconnect and connect again, it will remove the default gateway again.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options

@Ana589

We have amazing mods like @Math_Matei and @mrmirakhur who will surelly ban you for posting spam.

Bye-bye.

• tomasso
    Options

Hello, thank you for advice, this help! I can use VPN during my work with programs :)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@tomasso so it was resolved?

Thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Vanessa5600,

So, did this post help? 🙂

Cheers