Licensing questions

Hello everyone, Me and some friends want to purchase our first licenses, however we got some questions :

1. We want to buy a 5 devices 2 years subscription. Are we getting 5 licenses that we can all use on our PCs?
  2. 2. If we are only 4, can we keep the last license for when the 4 licenses expire and use that one for 2 more years for one device?
  3. 3. If a person buys a 5 devices pack, can the user stack the licenses for a 10 years total?
  4. 4. Why can't we buy a 1 person license at a normal price? Why are they all coming in batches? Thanks!!

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Taken from: https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/subscription-agreement-and-terms-of-services-for-home-user-solutions.html

"For online purchases made on Bitdefender websites, Your subscription begins when your purchase is completed and the payment has been received. You must download and install Bitdefender on your devices in order to get protection.

You agree and acknowledge that your subscription’s availability begins from your purchase date, which shall be the date taken into consideration for calculating the length of your subscription, regardless of the date you choose to activate such subscription.

For the purchases made from Bitdefender partners, Your subscription begins at first registration of your subscription. You must download and install Bitdefender on your devices in order to get protection."

Bitdefender Home Products:

-- Bitdefender ULTIMATE SECURITY --

Included: Unlimited VPN Traffic, Password Manager

Full Identity Theft Protection (available for USA only), Credit Monitoring (available for USA only), $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance (available for USA only)

Operating Systems: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS

Number Of Devices: 10

Subscription: 1 year

-- Bitdefender PREMIUM SECURITY --

Included: Unlimited VPN Traffic, Password Manager

Number Of Devices: 10

-- Bitdefender FAMILY PACK --

Number Of Devices: 15 / Household

Subscriptions: 1 year, 2 years, 3 years

-- Bitdefender TOTAL SECURITY --

Number Of Devices: 5, 10

-- Bitdefender INTERNET SECURITY --

Operating System: Windows

Number Of Devices: 1, 3, 5, 10

-- Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS PLUS --

Operating System: Windows

Number Of Devices: 1, 3, 5, 10

-- Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS --

Operating System: macOS

Number Of Devices: 1, 3

-- Bitdefender SMALL OFFICE SECURITY --

Number Of Devices: 5, 10, 20

-- Bitdefender MOBILE SECURITY --

Operating System: Android, iOS

Number Of Devices: 50 / 1 Account

To answer your question:

You don't buy license(s), you buy SUBSCRIPTION.

For example:

Let's say today June 14, 2022 i just bought a 2-years subscription of Bitdefender Total Security for 5 devices. So, the subscription period of 2 years already started today June 14, 2022 (the day i made the purchase) and will end on June 14, 2024.

The subscription is for 5 Windows, Android, macOS and iOS devices. But, i decide the install Bitdefender Total Security on 4 Windows devices and activate the subscription on those 4 Windows devices. In that period between June 14, 2022 and June 14, 2024 i can also install Bitdefender Total Security on a 5th Windows device and activate the same subscription on that 5th Windows device. I can't add the 5th Windows device after June 14, 2024, beacuse on that day the subscription will end. All i can do on June 14, 2024 is to renew my subscription.

Keep in mind that you buy a subscription, not a license. And all devices who have Bitdefender product installed on them must be connected to the paid subscription, and that must be done via your Bitdefender Central account. And when the subscription period is about to end, you must renew your subscription.

As you can see, you can buy subscription for 1 device for these products: Bitdefender INTERNET SECURITY, Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS PLUS, Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS FOR macOS.

Regards.

• IrisLedford
    edited June 2022

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me Exactly what I needed!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@IrisLedford

And another spam comment is exactly what i didn't need 👿😈

• @IrisLedford please refrain from posting external links in your comments.

Thank you.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user