Purchased bitdefender family pack,how do i share with family members

I wonder if anyone out there can help me with probably a daft but simple question,i purchased the bitdefender family pack,but what i would like to do is share it with my family members,but as it also has use of the password manager for example i really dont want to be sharing my passwords etc with my family members,i basically would like them to have their own account but using my subscription with there bitdefender account so that passwords and wallet are not shared with each other.Hopefully someone out there can shed a bit of light on the situation for me so that i can hopefully somehow do this.Thank you in advance.Gerard

Best Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @Gerard M Stadalius

You can install Family Pack on the devices two ways, from Central itself to the device, or by "invitation" an email or Copy link. The information from the, "I have multiple devices. How do I install Bitdefender on another device" tab, should be very helpful.

As of now, Password Manager would still only be in your account. I believe you as the subscriber of the Central Account, will be prompted to create your own PM master password. Be sure to follow up with the "save a copy" of your Password Manager recovery key. Eventually, Bitdefender is working on the ability for each member to have access to their own Password Manager identity from the main, your account. But as of now, the other members would need to use Wallet which would be their own personal password manager and would not be shared. Keep in mind, Wallet is only compatible with Windows. The link below also has information regarding the differences between PM and Wallet.

Can multiple users share one Bitdefender Password Manager subscription? 

For now, the ability to have multiple users on the same Password Manager subscription is not available but we are working on enabling this feature in the near future.

See also, from this link:

Answer 1) They won't be separated, they will be merged. In the near future, the development teams are considering giving users the option for the new Password Manager to be used by different members of the family, as separate identities under the same main account.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Scott

By the way, I like your avatar :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Answer ✓

You're welcome, it was gladly done 😊

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Answers

• Gerard M Stadalius
    edited June 2022

Thank you most kindly indeed that has answered my question perfectly,my avatar is my dog as well,she is a shar pei dog very beautiful and very loyal as well,good guard dog. :)

Thank you once again it is appreciated greatly for all the help everyone has given me here.