Windows Errors

Hello, keep getting notices from Windows that my antivirus needs to update and that they are out of date. When I go into settings, I see that Bitdefender is on something called "snoozed" but there are updates to load, but they won't load. I thought that Bitdefender took care of its own updates. Is this "snoozed" anything I need to take action on? Do I need to worry about updates?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

This has already been discussed here:

Could be a bug with Bitdefender on Windows 10.

Anyway, do the following steps:

-- STEP 1 --

First, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been resolved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• AlmostNearlySociable
    edited June 2022

"Gjoksi Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

June 23

Hello.

This has already been discussed here:"

Really? Well, one would think Bitdefender would have fixed it by now!

Anyway, I think Avast is the better option rather than jumping through hoops for Bitdefender.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Things take time to be resolved. Not every suggestion by user are implemented or fixed instantaneously. All suggestions and features are given a category in which they are implemented, ranging from critical to high to low. Rest, it is upto the developers whether they feel if it's important to implement the required feature in their product, since they have to keep many things in mind while implementing new things like performance of the product, compatibility issues etc.

I myself have have requested many features to the developers, even seeking that there were additional people on the forum that wanted those feature but developers simply did not feel like implementing that. So, you cannot expect everything to be implemented even if it is easy to be implemented for the developers.

That being said it is totally up to you as to what product you want to use.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)