BitTorrent

Can someone please tell me how to stop BitDefender from wiping out BitTorrent all the time? I've put in the exception every place I know and it's still doing it. It's driving me crazy. Other than than that, how do I temporarily turn off BitDefender so I can DL my movie????

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

This is a known issue and has been discussed here in the Community for several times.

Check out my comment:

BitTorrent Classic and BitTorrent PRO are marked as "potentially unwanted application (PUA)" by Bitdefender and whatever you do, it won't help BitTorrent working as it should.

Even if you add them in Exceptions, it will not solve the issue, they will be still detected as PUA and quarantined/terminated.

Just a note that i'm still using uTorrent CLASSIC and it still works fine for me:

So, there are 2 options to you:

Move to uTorrent

or

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• BitTorrent is a legitimate file transfer protocol, and using it — called torrenting — is legal as long as the content can be downloaded or uploaded legally. However, using it to download copyrighted material — like a brand-new movie — without the copyright owner's permission is not legal. You Can DL your Movies.