If an Android device infected with malware connects to my wifi network

If an Android device infected with malware connects to my wifi network, can it infect my Windows PC protected by Bitdefender Total Security which is also connected to the network?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited July 2022

Hello @Charley D and welcome to the Community!

In the event such a scenario takes place, you will be protected by all Bitdefender modules, starting with the firewall.

The firewall is your gate keeper and will ensure your devices are safe. The security modules are designed in a specific way, so that IF a defense fails, another one takes its place.

For example, the firewall prevents the infection from entering the PC from the network, if the firewall fails, Advanced Threat Defense takes over and blocks dubious processes. If this module misses something, then the Antivirus will find any modification of files during scanning.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Okay in such a scenario if the home PC did not have bitdefender only the windows protection and also multiple devices which are connected to the network also start exhibiting signs changing access to critical features and or unable to remove certain applications. A couple smart TVs suddenly have multiple updates then apps and features that you cannot remove and when trying it always pushes you to a different screen is it possible and what would you recommend if these occurrences have been occurring consistently for four or five years how to fully remove the infection?

For the context the reason this malware or virus seems to be a disgruntled case of herpes one of the people had a brain injury and is not believed where the other person leans into the belief that the person is brain and paranoia are making these things up as well as the laziness and frustration that doing anything would bring.