Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Annoying pop-ups from BitDefender every minute!

Options

I'm becoming sooo annoyed with this: Every 60 seconds BD throws up a message:

"Infected web page detected" or "Thread detected"

It pops up above every screen and doesn't allow me typing as it jumps above everything else.

When I check notifications I see a message like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Infected web page detected

6 minutes ago

Feature:

Online Threat Prevention

We blocked this dangerous page for your protection:

http://aldcvbfwk.com/v2/57a51e59-dbe5-4aa5-bbc4-23c78e6cb6be?v=Ver_2

Accessed by: powershell.exe

Threat name: Heur.BZC.PZQ.Boxter.231.B733B32E

Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This drive me mad as there is no indication what's causing it. The only thing I can do is copy the message.

BD doesn't make me none the wiser but keeps on spewing these messages.

This is worse then spam!

Disabling BD doesn't help. I basically switched off about every possible option but nothing helps.

What can I do to stop these spam messages? Is there a fix for this??

Comments

• LRAT
    Options

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

This has been discussed many times here on the forum and i think that the dev team is working on an option for the user to enable or disable those notifications. But, i could be wrong.

Regards.

@Alexandru_BD

Any news on this matter?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @LRAT and welcome to the Community!

While the development teams are working on finding solutions to mitigate the frequency of the notifications to adjust the throttling mechanism, in this particular scenario where they are triggered by the Online Threat Prevention continuously with the above message, it will be necessary for the engineers to have a look at the machine and clear the root cause. Kindly get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

The contact channels are available at the bottom of the page.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• hansolocambo
    edited July 2022
    Options

"i think that the dev team is working on an option" "But, i could be wrong."

It's been ultra annoying for years. If they work on it, they work slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly.

Countless crahes using my 3D apps because while the mouse is active doing something in the 3D viewport, it suddenly stops as the foreground window becomes Bitdefender pop up. In the last two game companies I worked for, they trashed Bitdefender and chose another security solution, just because of that issue. A constant pop up that remains in the background would have saved a lot of customers that's for sure.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @hansolocambo and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this inconvenience.

I know that the notification flow can and will be improved. Over the years, the throttling mechanism that triggers various in-product notifications had to evolve to keep up with the latest threats and cybersecurity developments and I cannot imagine a scenario where an antivirus will not let the user know what is happening on their devices. While some notifications that are related to the functionality of the product and the security of the devices cannot be disabled completely, there are ways in which notifications can be customized according to the user's preferences.

When it comes to consecutive notifications for a singular event, one must first establish what is the root cause and what process is triggering them. Then we can move forward to address the trigger, so that the notification is no longer displayed for that event.

We must keep in mind that there are also users that wish to be informed of all changes and antivirus activity, thus whenever the developers are adjusting the products or developing new features, the product management teams always take multiple criteria into account and each modification must be designed for both advanced users and less tech savvy users as well, to meet overall requirements.

It is essential to continue to log events for each incident, but limit the amount of pop-ups that get displayed, regardless of what's being blocked. The actual problem, as reported by many users, is that these notifications interrupt user activity and steal focus by being too frequent, since a pop up is triggered for every dangerous connection attempt, which can happen continuously.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• hansolocambo
    edited August 2022
    Options

"users that wish to be informed [...]"

I think you missed the whole point. Users do not ask not to know what is happening. They are asking that the pop-up not constantly take over any other application with a window being brought to the foreground. Especially since for most people I know, computers are spotless clean for years, and this pop up only appears while browsing the web for references images for their work.

NVidia and many other applications have pop-ups and even windows that are constantly there, semi-transparent, but that CANNOT be clicked. And windows that are certainly not taking over any other window behind. It appears in the Background, visible in the Foreground. This way users know what Nvidia has to say but without being annoyed in their activities. Popup that can be access IF the user wants it : by a keyboard shortcut. That is a solution.

-----------------

Just an example, as it's still happening. I've been trying to download this file :

Using Alldebrid services that I pay yearly and use constantly + JDownloader2.exe which is very useful.

Impossible to download the file.

Constant popups, Online Threat Prevention blocked a threat blahblahblah because JDownloader2.exe attempted to download a file, etc. But the file is spotless clean. Once downloaded Bitdefender says nothing anymore. Virustotal is all green. And JDownloader2.exe is supposed to be in the "Online Thread Prevention" exceptions. Turning all Online Threat Prevention Off doesn't help either. When the popup began it never stops.

So : WHY. Why do we have to suffer in such a case a constant popup and a blocked download ?

When such a notification popup starts it NEVER stops until one restarts Windows or, like I do, force closes bdagent in the Task Manager.