Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vulnerability Scan

Options

I check to see if there are any new items in the vulnerability scan many times every day and usually, there are new ones to download but today (July 15, 2022) there have been none. Are there just no new viruses out there or is this just a fluke?

Best Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Otter2020

You may be thinking of malware definition updates which are used when we run on-demand and on-access scans and are constantly being updated from our Settings/Update/Update automatically, settings.

Vulnerability scans are different and look for, scans from the 3 key areas of our system; Operating System, Applications, and Network security. It's mainly looking for those updates and settings issues.

"An important step in protecting your device against malicious actions and apps is to keep the operating system and the apps you regularly use up to date. Moreover, to prevent unauthorized physical access to your device, strong passwords (passwords that cannot be easily guessed) must be configured for each Windows user account and for the Wi-Fi networks you connect to as well".

Whereas malware updates are constantly being updated and used during on-demand and on-access scans. Here is what a System scan looks for:

So what happened is that in doing your on-demand Vulnerability scans, and fixing the issues, there may be nothing more for you to resolve, for now.

I hope this helped,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Otter2020
    Otter2020 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Scott,

Thanks for your help. I guess I don't have to check under Vulnerability Scan manually anymore. I wish I could remember what I was updating every day 3-4 times a day when I clicked on "Vulnerability Scan". I don't see them anymore but the top graphic you sent me is basically what I still see but there would be a red item that needed updating before I would see that graphic that would always ask to be updated more often than not if I checked. I just wish I had paid more attention to what it was updating!

I guess for now I don't have to check manually until something pops up all by itself.

Thanks,

Rhonda

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

@Otter2020

Hi Rhonda,

Just a follow-up from your above post. If the Vulnerability scan found an issue, as was in my case below, you can tick the drop down arrow to see what it was to fix it, as I'm sure you found out. But also, issues like that will be logged in the Notifications panel and can be reviewed there. On the left bottom corner of the main BD Dashboard/Notifications and All or Warning should show you your past history of things that may have needed or need your attention.

I hope this helped :)

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/