Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is there some way to stop these annoying popups?

Options

I'm running Total Security and I keep getting popups whenever the product does something. The annoying part is it steals focus from whatever game I'm playing. Last night, trying to play outriders I keep getting 'Bruteforce Attack Blocked' or 'Suspicious connection blocked' all night long. I am aware that having RDP enabled for my PC opens me up to certain vulnerabilities and I accept the risk. But as far as I know, there is no silent mode or do not disturb for this product. Every time the notification pops up it pulls focus away from my game. It's infuriating. Is there no solution for this? Can you just do the job I paid you to do silently please? Am I just missing something simple? Really tempted to just uninstall at this point.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello.

The problem with the pop-up notifications has been discussed here in the Community for many, many times.

Last i know is that the dev team is working on a solution on that matter. But, it will take some time.

Anyway, see if this solution hepls:

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable Game Profile.

When Game Profile is enabled/activated:

- All Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled

- Automatic Update is postponed

- Scheduled scans are postponed

- Search Advisor is disabled

- Special offers notifications are disabled

Regards.

• Oh, that sounds good.

Is there a way to make a custom profile where I can disable all the pop-ups but keep automatic updates and scans?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again. :)

Here's a full list of the Profiles and their specifications:

When Work Profile is enabled/activated:

- All Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled

- Automatic Update is postponed

- Search Advisor is disabled

- Special offers notifications are disabled

When Movie Profile is enabled/activated:

- Boost performance on video players

- Optimize product settings for Movie profile

- Postpone background programs and maintenance tasks

- Postpone Windows Automatic Updates

- Adjust power plan settings for movies

When Public Wi-Fi Profile is enabled/activated:

- Advanced Threat Defense is turned on

- The Bitdefender Firewall is turned on, and the following settings are applied to your wireless adapter:

- Stealth mode - ON

- Network type - Public

- The following settings from Online Threat Prevention are turned on:

- Encrypted web scan

- Fraud protection

- Phishing protection

When Battery Mode Profile is enabled/activated:

- Bitdefender Automatic Update is postponed

- Security Widget is turned off

You can't make a custom profile.

You can only change SOME settings for each profile, by clicking the Configure button for each profile, right under the profile name.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Shaithis,

Sorry to hear that, I know how frustrating this can be, especially when playing games. As @Gjoksi pointed out, there are ways to mitigate and manage the notifications and the Game Profile is best suited for this, as it was designed with gaming in mind. Unfortunately, there is no option to create a custom profile, but the default profiles will do the job.

In regards to the "suspicious connection blocked" notifications, you may find more information and steps to disable the consecutive notifications in the article below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2471/

Our developers are working intensely to improve the throttling mechanism for such notifications, so they won't be stealing focus anymore.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user