Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender should introduce Protection bulletins

Options
The_Eagle_007
edited July 2022 in General Topics

Bitdefender should introduce a news bulletin section similar to Symantec Protection bulletin which shows a brief note about threats detected with Date and information about the threats and its detection name by Bitdefender. It will be great if Bitdefender introduces a news section similar to this.

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @The_Eagle_007

Kind of like this?

It may not be exactly what you're requesting, but it's the only thing I know of.

Regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• The_Eagle_007
    Options

Hi @Scott no I did'nt meant a threat map search for Symantec Protection bulletin and you will know what I meant. It shows the name of the threats and threat groups and a brief info about that threat and also different types of detections symatec detects with detection names. Its organised with date and month. It gives idea that Norton is also able to detect these threats and identifies it as virustotal detections are named Symantec for Norton as well.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @The_Eagle_007 and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

The product includes a threat timeline report feature called "attack timeline". It displays a graph of how the attack was blocked and what could have happened if the threat escaped detection. It looks like this:

Several products have a timeline feature showing how the attacks unfolded. This is our version of that for home users. Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but do let us know 🙂

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• The_Eagle_007
    Options

@Alexandru_BD sorry but this is not what I meant. Its a news section over the symantec's website named Protection bulletins which shows the specific threats discovered all around the world. With date and a small description section with threat detection name eg, file based, server based, Sonar based, reputation or behavioural based with threats detection names like Trojan etc.

• The_Eagle_007
    Options

@Alexandru_BD if you search over the Internet for Symantec's Protection bulletin you will know what I meant by this discussion post.

Regards,

The_Eagle_007

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2022
    Options

@The_Eagle_007 - I think I understood your concern and what you are trying to convey but introducing such webpage will be of no importance for larger audience. Bitdefender detection are 80-90% named under below category.

Trojan.Generik.xxxxxx

Trojan.GenerikKD.xxxxxx

Trojan.Agent.xxxxxx

Trojan.Ransom.xxxxxx

Then we have some detection named as Kazy, Razy, Mikey etc.

Bitdefender hardly uses any detection as per the type of file it is detecting, meaning if it detects a keylogger, you will hardly see the detection name as Application.Keylogger.xxxxxx, otherwise these will also be detected with the same detection name as above.

So this makes no sense.

I will also give you an example of another AV vendor. In the past ESET displayed list of all newly created malware definition that were updated with every batch on the website https://www.virusradar.com/en/update/info, but then they also removed displaying the name of the malwares that were created with every batch of new updates and now you can only see the engine version on the above stated link.

While I do appreciate your feedback, but I don't see it as something that will be useful to people on larger scale and even web developers will not be interested in doing so.

Rest, more information can be provided by @Alexandru_BD & @Mike_BD

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi,

Thank you @mrmirakhur for the comprehensive and insightful post. On the other hand, I personally think this is a business decision and perhaps the focus is on a different type of content, such as the one available in the Bitdefender Blog and Cyberpedia below:

Regards

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@mrmirakhur I know and I appreciate your input, I was just trying to provide @The_Eagle_007 with a bit more context regarding the content focus 😊

Cheers