Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Techradar names Bitdefender the best Mac antivirus software for 2022

Options
Alexandru_BD
Alexandru_BD admin
edited August 2022 in News & Blogs

The common misconception is that Apple products are completely impenetrable, which means there's no point in getting antivirus for Mac. That isn't exactly true, however.

Looking for the best protection for your your Mac and MacBook? Look no further, as Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac emerged once again as a leading contender in the field:

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Comments

• Bit Defender deserves to be named. I was a loyal Kaspersky Internet Security user since 2000, and I gave them up when the whole Russia/Ukraine conflict started. Now I am glad that I gave them up. We have an estranged family member who has been stalking us, stole our old e-mail address, changed a bunch of accounts, and then closed the e-mail account. Kaspersky refuses to recognize us as customers because I have no access to that e-mail account. So they won't delete the profile and the stalker gets free Kaspersky until February 2023 because it was already paid for. We did cancel the card so Kaspersky can't be renewed, but Kaspersky is literally taking the criminal's side over a loyal customer of over 20 years side.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @MovieLuvr4Life,

Thank you for posting your thoughts and past experiences here.

I am very sorry to hear this.

When it comes to account verification, I think it really depends on KYC (know your customer) procedures and security measures in effect. We do things differently around here, providing multiple ways in which a customer can prove the ownership of the account/subscription. If you ever lose access to your account, you can reset your password, contact our support teams and provide either the activation code, last 4 digits of the payment method used to make the purchase or even the receipt/invoice. This type of verification shouldn't be overcomplicated, but at the same time it should ensure that access is granted to the entitled owner only.

As a quick recommendation, to boost the security of your Central account, you may also enable the 2-Factor Authentication security layer. You can find out more information here:

Cheers and welcome to Bitdefender!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user