Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN is blocking my EMails

I installed VPN for the first time yesterday so I'm new to this.

My main EMail account (@btinternet.com) on my android phone then started telling me to log in again because my credentials were wrong (I knew that they weren't and they were idential to those on my pc without VPN and this was fine.

Other EMail accounts (not @btinternet.com)on the phone were fine. I spent several hours struggling with this, including deleting the account and re-creating it twice, each time being told that my EMail or password were wrong, until I eventually realised that it might be a VPN issue. I turned VPN off and everything worked again.

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to fix that will allow me to access my btinternet.com EMails when VPN is enabled?

Answers

• I have had a similar problem with Virgin Media. When trying to send email or a reply to one I get message credentials not correct etc. shut VPN off and message went through. Not sure if it’s Virgin Media that don’t like knowing my details and location ( that why I had VPN ). Would also like to know if there’s a solution ? Gerry

• VPN seems to interfere with my e-mail account if I leave it on I do not receive if I turn it off then I receive e-mails is it not compatible with outlook or is there another problem?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanM9 @Gerry B @gordbob

Hello.

Check out these articles and see if that helps:

If that didn't help, do the following steps:

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hello,

I think there's also a chance that the email provider has blacklisted the IP of our VPN server. The first step would be to change the server and connect to other countries and test to see if the issue can be reproduced or not.

Usually, this can be solved if you contact the e-mail provider and ask them to remove our IP from the blacklist. But first, make sure to test other servers as well.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user