Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why doesn't Bitdefender work on my Brave Browser?

Options

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hello.

To be able to use Bitdefender and all its features, your device needs to meet the following software requirements:

-- Windows --

• Microsoft Edge 40 and higher
    • Internet Explorer 10 and higher
    • Mozilla Firefox 51 and higher
    • Google Chrome 34 and higher
    • Microsoft Outlook 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016
    • Mozilla Thunderbird 14 and higher

Bitdefender provides real-time online threat prevention for:

• Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Safari
    • Bitdefender Safepay
    • Opera

Bitdefender Wallet add-on is supported by the following browsers:

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Bitdefender Safepay

The Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension is compatible with the following web browsers:

• Internet Explorer
    • Google Chrome
    • Mozilla Firefox

-- macOS --

The Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac TrafficLight extensions for Web Protection work and integrate with the following web browsers:

• Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Safari

The Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension is compatible with the following web browsers:

• Google Chrome
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Safari

-- Android --

The Bitdefender Web Protection is compatible with the following web browsers:

• Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • DuckDuckGo
    • Yandex Browser
    • Dolphin
    • Firefox Focus
    • Opera
    • Opera Mini
    • Samsung Internet
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Huwaei Browser
    • Brave

So, Brave is not compatible with any of the modules, except with the Web Protection module in Bitdefender Mobile Secuity for Android.

Regards.

• Phil 432
    edited July 2023
    Options

Any change to this list as of today's date?

Also, is Tor (Windows) supported?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

This is still the current list:

Even though Brave isn't officially supported, at least shown as an option, but since it is Chromium-based you can enable TrafficLight, Anti-Tracker and Password Manager.

With TrafficLight, you need to switch from Brave Search to Google to get the TrafficLight icons to appear. Anti-Tracker I couldn't see it blocking anything, so it may be a Brave setting hindering it. Password Manager works fine.

As far as Tor, that will probably never happen. Bitdefender needs to keep its time and resources focused on the more widely used browsers.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.

• Thank you. Absolutely no chance I'll use Google :). Too many privacy concerns. One of Brave's attributes is privacy, so I'll either use their search engine or a more privacy focused search engine.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yep, I absolutely understand that and agree, it is one of the main reasons to use Brave. Just thought I'd put it out there, and thanks for acknowledging my post with a Like :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.