Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender advertisement window I can't remove

Options
Dan Johnston
edited August 2022 in Password Manager

I'm running Windows 11 and have Bitdefender installed.

A window headed "Bitdefender Internet Security" and below that

Manage your passwords with Bitdefender Password Manager

and below 3 items with ticks at the left has appeared on my screen, and there seems to be now way to remove it.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it.

I imagine rebooting the computer would probably work, but surely that should not be necessary.

Thanks,

Dan.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

On the Password Manager pop-up notification issue, check out this comment:

As a workaround, you could try the following:

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled, but can't be sure if it will disable this particular notification.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Dan Johnston,

So if you click on "x" to close it, it doesn't go away or it's being displayed again?

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• There is no x to click on.

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Dan Johnston

This "x" is to close it:

Regards.

• There is no x there. The window is as you have displayed it except that the x in the top corner is missing and so is the Learn More at the bottom.

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Dan Johnston

Hi again.

That's strange.

Anyway, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been resolved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

You could still get the pop-up notification, but at least you will have the option to close it.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Dan Johnston if the product doesn’t work correctly, is showing errors, or does not respond, simply uninstall & reinstall Bitdefender to repair it, as suggested by Gjoksi above. Don’t worry about your subscription, reinstalling Bitdefender on the same device does not count as a separate device and does not affect the validity.

Kindly let us know if the notification is accurately displayed afterwards.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I decided it was easier to restart my computer, and that has got rid of the offending window.