Why is it that in order to create a restore point in Windows 11 & 10, I must disable Advanced Threat

When I try to create a restore point in Windows 11 on one machine and Windows 10 on another, the restore point will not be created. In fact, when Windows is installed, System Restore cannot be configured unless I first disable Advanced Threat Defense & Exploit detection. Then, after that is accomplished, I have to again make sure that Advanced Threat Defense & Exploit Detection are disabled.

Is there a way to set in Protection a function to allow configuring a restore point and creating a restore point without going through the trouble of disabling Advanced Threat Defense and Exploit detection? I note the + Add an Exception functions, but I have no idea how to add the Protection Settings entries in windows to the Add an Exception under Advanced Threat Defense.

Please advise.

Clarence

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @ClarenceE and welcome back to the Community!

Normally, it's not necessary to disable Advanced Threat Defense to create a restore point. If this happens, then the engineers will have to perform a remote session to see what's causing this. I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information is required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Thank you Alexandru_BD.

• You are most welcome @ClarenceE

I regret we cannot resolve this on the forum, it's just one of those situations were an engineer needs to have a look in order to find the root cause.

I hope it gets resolved swiftly.

Cheers and have a good weekend!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user