Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Banking applications with Bitdefender Safepay and Bitdefender VPN

Options
lajg
edited August 2022 in Privacy

Combining both of them results in significantly slowing down computer applications. I used this combination with three banks. With 1 of the 3 banks it worked perfectly. Not with the two others. Closing Bitdefender VPN and working only with Safepay gave good results with a second bank. No solutions so far for the third bank. Suggestions?

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @lajg and welcome to the Community!

Safepay comes with a built-in VPN that secures your confidential data even on public Wi-Fi networks and keeps your online transactions private and secure. Therefore, an extra VPN is not necessary while using the secure browser and may cause network slowdown, if used in conjunction with Safepay. In addition, Safepay protects against all e-threats such as hacking, phishing, packet analysis, “man-in-the-browser” and “man-in-the-middle” attacks, Trojans, system changes, etc. so it's a sealed environment that requires no other encryption layers.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• lajg
    Answer ✓
    Options

The comment of Alexander_BD of august 22 solved completely my problems. Thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Glad I could help @lajg and thank you for following up! 👍️

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @CYC,

The in-built VPN allows you to connect to the Internet by means of an encrypted and secure tunnel. All your traffic stays private and anonymous. On the other hand, Safepay protects against all e-threats that target your banking data such as hacking, phishing, packet analysis, “man-in-the-browser” and “man-in-the-middle” attacksTrojans, system changes, etc. While browsing in Safepay you don’t risk being spied on or having your passwords stolen. Malicious keyloggers can’t record what you type on your keyboard and send reports over the Internet to hackers. Safepay also prevents malware to take screenshots and detects fraudulent websites. The web-filtering technology ensures that you never land on a harmful website.

The VPN is recommended to be used when your computer is connected to unsecured Wi-Fi networks.

Regards,

Alex

• CYC
    CYC
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Alexandru_BD. If i understand you correctly, are you saying that even with VPN connection, it is possible for other "e-threats that target your banking data such as hacking, phishing, packet analysis, “man-in-the-browser” and “man-in-the-middle” attacksTrojans, system changes, etc. While browsing in Safepay you don’t risk being spied on or having your passwords stolen. Malicious keyloggers can’t record what you type on your keyboard and send reports over the Internet to hackers" to happen?

Questions:

1. so SafePay is more protection than a VPN connection? It's more like a VPN+ ?
    2. if I'm on a home or work secure wifi network, is there a need to use VPN connection? In another word, is VPN only for use when connecting to unsecured wifi network?
    3. if I'm on a home or work secure wifi network, is there a need to use SafePay?
    4. SafePay switches to a new window so other running programs can't be seen on the same screen. It makes it hard to pay bills while other budgeting programs are open, like my own budget spreadsheet... Is there a way for SafePay not to take over the screen?

Thank you for your time!!

CYC

Answers

• CYC
    Options

If I have the Bitdefender VPN running, does that mean I don't need to run SafePay?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @CYC and thanks for getting back.

You are most welcome! Please find my answers below:

1. VPN and Safepay serve different purposes, but they work very well together.
    2. The VPN encrypts the data that leaves your device, giving you the benefit of a private network even while you’re on a public Wi-Fi from the airport, mall, café, or hotel, so it's mostly recommended for public WI-FIs that are known to have poor levels of security. Another benefit of the VPN is that you can access websites that are restricted to certain countries and you hide your own IP address, offering your online search more anonymity. VPN only does so much to anonymize your online activities and bypass geo-restricted content. It won’t protect you online like an antivirus would.
    3. Since the VPN's capabilities are limited to an invisibility cloak that enhances privacy and not actual security defenses that can fend off malicious attacks, this is where Safepay comes into play. It's a secure browser that offers a variety of security features designed to keep your banking transactions safe. It was designed with this specific purpose in mind, but It's not limited to banking. Any website can be opened in Bitdefender Safepay.
    4. Because Safepay is completely independent of your other browsers, it will open in a separate window. You can switch between Safepay and Windows desktop by pressing the Alt+Tab keys, or click the Switch to Desktop button in the lower left-hand corner.

I hope the information is helpful. For a complete guide to Safepay, click on the links below:

Should you wish to find out more about Bitdefender VPN, check the following articles:

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex