Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password manager pop up

Options
Mistral546
edited September 2022 in Password Manager

Bit Defender offers us the possibility to disable advertising offers in its settings. However, even if I enable this setting, I regularly receive a promotional password manager window that I DON'T WANT. In fact, several other competitive antiviruses offer this option for free.

With update issues consuming unnecessary resources and this one, I will uninstall this antivirus after many years. The contact with customer service adds to my decision, seeing that you refuse to even acknowledge a method of sale in conflict with your own proposals.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Check out this comment:

What is your Bitdefender's version?

Regards.

• Mistral546
    edited September 2022
    Options

Sorry, but like I said, I contacted you about this behavior and you were in denial. You are now talking about a technical problem. My confidence is affected and since I have another major issue with updating your program, it's just unacceptable for a security company like yours. I can't afford to lose another day of work.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello again.

Bitdefender is not my company and i don't work for Bitdefender.

Maybe @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD, they both work for Bitdefender, could take a look here and help you with the issue.

So, you should address your issue directly to them.

Kind regards.

• Mistral546
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi Gjoksi, thanks for clarifying your role and trying to help.

It is not my desire to go further with this business or to receive any help. I gave the company the chance to answer me correctly with respect and professionalism. I have now uninstalled their product to turn to a competitor.

I'm posting this post to point out a behavior that needs to be shown and prevent other users of some kind of doubt toward their protection solution.

• Hello @Mistral546,

First and foremost, I think we owe you an apology. After checking the ticket you have raised to the Support Teams, I can say that the agent could have done a better job explaining what was happening at the time. I am sorry for that. Bottom line is, the Password Manager notification should no longer be displayed if the recommendations notifications are disabled. This is the expected behavior, but when the notification was introduced, the throttling mechanism encountered an issue and the notification could not be dismissed properly. As @Gjoksi pointed out above, the development teams have resolved this via an automated update.

Should you reconsider the Bitdefender products in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Same problem here, version 26.0.25.86, I have been using Total Security for years but this might be the first time I am considering a different antivirus and might not renew this year, how come I keep getting this annoying notification? Special Offers are disabled and I can keep getting the same message several times this week.

• Thank you for acknowledging this experience. I have to decide if you are telling the truth or if this process was not a deliberately included one. For the moment, I lean slightly towards the second hypothesis. I will pay attention to your products for the next year to judge if a return would be a good thing, but the behavior and the experience lived made me buy another product for my computer park this year.

• Hello @STRATOS55,

The Password Manager notification can now be suppressed by disabling the 'recommendation notifications' as shown below:

The 'Special Offers' feature refers to in-product notifications for available discounts tailored according to your existing subscriptions.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @Mistral546,

Thank you for getting back to us on this topic. I can assure you that we wouldn't do anything that could upset the end user and as soon as the teams involved in this process acknowledged the issue, they have released an update to address this behavior specifically. Since then, the reports have stopped and we could focus our resources in other areas of development and improvement. Because whenever such unwanted events happen, they require a fast response and most of the engineers and developers need to postpone other tasks so they can focus on a fix. This means that other processes might be delayed and no one wants that, it's like shooting ourselves in the foot.

We would appreciate the chance to make things right and should you reconsider the Bitdefender products in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us for advice and support.

Regards

• I was expecting this to be about products that I already own, anyways it does fix my problem, thank you!

• You are most welcome @STRATOS55, glad I could help.

Cheers