In which countries does Bitdefender VPN use servers?

Best Answer

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @miflori

The 53 Bitdefender VPN server locations are: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom (2 locations), United States (15 locations), Vietnam.

Additional information may be found here:

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Answers

• miflori
    edited September 2022

Contemplating switching to Bitdefender.

In which countries does Bitdefender VPN have servers to connect to?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Hello.

There is no detailed info on the server's location. The only thing we know so far is that there are 4000+ servers in over 50 countries, including, but not limited to: Mexico, USA, Canada, UK, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Argentina, Brazil etc.

Also, only Bitdefender VPN for Android and for iOS can be used to select a specific city. Here’s the list of available cities:

• USA: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Newark, Phoenix, Portland, San Jose, Seattle, Washington
    • Canada: Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver
    • UK: London, Manchester

For more info, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Scott

Well done, Scott, well done. 😊

• Scott

Thank you, friend :) It was all copied and pasted from the App to Word into the post. I'm exhausted lol 😅😅

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hi Scott and Gjoksi,

Thank you for your thorough reply to my question! Now I know I could view programs I want to see.

Best regards,

Michael

• Hi Scott and Gjoksi,

Thank you both for your help! I decided to uninstall KTS and install a trial version of BTS. I've found another VPN provider with unlimited VPN so I don't care about the Bitdefender 200Mb/ day limit.

However, when I installed BTS this morning, Bitdefender surprised me by stating my trial period had ended (I haven't had BTS on this computer before). I'm not sure what happened. I may have attempted to install twice (not sure) but I never received an activation code.

Fortunately my Kaspersky PM is still available to me, so I'm not completely lost. I can't be without internet security for any period of time, and

This has been an interesting time.

Thank you both for your help.

Best regards,

Michael

• Scott
    edited September 2022

Hi Michael,

Try getting ahold of Chat support, as they can be quick and easy to work with. It's at the bottom of the page. Click Activate and Install -> Type of Issue/Activate -> Which product/Total Security and skip the 4th question and click the Contact support button.

From my understanding, BD will be improving Password Manager by the end of the year. I'm thinking it has to do with the ability to have 2-3 different user abilities, compared to the now just one, the actuall subscriber user account. Many members have requested a desktop app or the ability to edit, enter passwords, etc. in Password Manager from their Central account, which as of now, we do not have. Since you have KPM, stick with that until we see what good things BD Password Manager will have in store for us.

Scott

• Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it! I only needed a week or so to be able to test the BPM ability,. Particularly the ability to manually enter passwords, since I don't know how long KPM will be available after my license expires at the end of the month. Note: provided methods including the 'Bitwarden' method don't work for me. I tried it last night and it left me with a 'useless' text file.

Since you answered my question about the (in)ability to manually enter passwords I won't need to test that any longer: it won't work at least untill Bitdefender comes up with an improved version of BPM.

And to top it all off, I'm trying to make this an easy process. To have to converse with customer support out the gate as a potential customer doesn't appeal to me.

• Scott

@miflori

I agree with you on all fronts. BD PM was released at the beginning of the year, so they do have room to improve it. For now, there are free password managers out there, as well as KPM, which I also use and will continue to use as BD evolves PM into a more user-friendly (bigger window, workspace options) PM.

Cheers, my friend :)

Scott

• Hi Scott,

Thank you for all your help!

I'll review Bitdefender again sometime in the future. They may want to consider making a flawless transfer from Kaspersky PM to Bitdefender PM along with the password edit/ create options.

All the best,

Michael