Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Popus, ads, interruptions... WTF?

Options

Is there, or is there not a way to get this software to ABSOLUTELY STOP throwing up ANY intrusive stupid unwanted ridiculous popups, ads, nags, notifications, etc.?

Bitdefender was recommended to me by a guy at a computer store. He does great work repairing machines, and I like and trust him. I bought a licence from him and installed it on three laptops and two phones.

After just a couple of days, I am livid!

What the hell is this? Utterly unacceptable. I am going to go back and demand a refund. But I can't recover the time it took to install and I am not looking forward to hassling my wife to take her machines and uninstall this and get some properly behaved software that is not, ITSELF, the virus.

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program and go to:

1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications"

2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)

3. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"

4. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"

5. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)

After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.

REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.

Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2791/

or

open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".

Regards.

Answers

• Hello @tarverator,

In addition to @Gjoksi's instructions above, it would be very helpful for us to know exactly what notification is bothering you, if you could post a screenshot, that would be great. This way we can go straight to the source and advise accordingly, as there are several notifications in the product and some of them communicate operation or detection issues and cannot be disabled or require an action from you, because there are situations where the user must be aware of what is happening.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• tarverator
    Options

I have followed @Gjoksi's instructions (THANK YOU) and hopefully this will address all of it!

One thing I am not sure of - will find out presently - is if the changes I am making on my machine will propagate to the others on the same account?

Is it possible to get rid of toast notifications on Android?

Many others have noted frustration with the number and frequency of intrusions. I wish there were a global "Silent" mode, that ONLY speaks up if an actual threat is detected that requires some kind of response.

• Hello @tarverator,

When it comes to the Central account, the changes made there will apply for all devices. But the in-product preferences must be carried on each device, because the adjustments made on a single device will not be applied to other devices that are protected by the same license/subscription.

If you are referring to Android clipboard toast notifications, check the video below and let us know if it was helpful:

Regards

• tarverator
    Options

That Is indeed the kind of toast notifications that I am talking about on Android, but from Bitdefender not from the clipboard. I don't see any settings om Android 10 to make Bitdefender run silently. I don't want any notification when any app is running routinely, only when there is some serious problem, or when my intervention is required required. The instructions above have suppresed most but not all of the Windows banners. There is still a post-boot banner about adding a new device (?) but I haven't got a screen shot.

• Hi @tarverator,

Press and hold the notification box and this will provide the option to disable them completely.

Try to add a screenshot now, it will help us get a better understanding of the circumstances in which the 'other device' banner appears. I'm assuming this is meant to inform you that you still have available slots in your subscription, thus you may cover additional devices. These banners are informative and meant to help the user make the best out of their security solution.

Thank you.

Regards

• tarverator
    Options

Now I am getting banners that say

Multiple suspicious connections blocked

We continue to block suspicious connections silently, in the background. You can review them in the Notifications area. You're safe!

How do I get rid of this? Anyone who says "I am being silent" is NOT being silent. Silence sounds like.... nothing!

• tarverator
    Options

That was on Windows. Meanwhile, on Android, there is an endless stream of toast notifications that say:

Bitdefender Security scanned xxxxxxxxx. It's safe

I am not "safe" from constant interruption!

I am just flabbergasted at this total disregard for the user experience. So many others have commented on this problem, for years. Sad really.

• Hello @tarverator,

Check the article below for steps on how to suppress the "suspicious connection blocked" notification:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2471/

Alternatively, you can disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature which scans for the certificates of websites (not a recommended action) and this will stop them altogether:

In regards to the Android toast notifications, if they cannot be suppressed by pressing and holding the notification box to bring up the option to disable them, I would recommend contacting the Support Teams for further assistance. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes, we would appreciate if you could share the outcome with the community, so we can help other users that may encounter this in the future.

Regards