Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sensitive Documents Opened In Safepay Are Saved On My PC

Options
MThom
edited October 2022 in Privacy

I was a little startled to discover that copies of financial documents that I've opened in Safepay are living in my Windows 10 downloads folder. My Chrome setting for pdf files is still set on the default that directs that pdf files can be opened and viewed. I have not selected for pdf files to go to my downloads folder, but that seems to be what is happening. I'm not really tech savvy so perhaps I'm missing something? I don't know if it's a Bitdefender issue or a Windows 10 issue or a Chrome issue. I just find it disconcerting for sensitive documents that I simply wanted to view or print in Safepay to be saved on my PC.

Any suggestions for avoiding this? Thanks!

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @MThom and welcome to the Community!

Please clarify if you are referring to the Safepay downloads folder:

Normally, the downloads folder located in your PC should have no link with the Safepay folder, as far as I'm aware.

If the documents are in the Safepay folder, it's possible that the download button was clicked when opening the pdf.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user