Wipe data enquiry

I already lost my phone now i already click wipe data on another computer , will it delete all my data (including memory card data)?

Comments

• Hello @coldblood,

I am sorry to hear that.

The wipe function will delete all data from your lost device, restoring it to factory settings. This includes data stored on the memory card as well. Make sure to delete the device from Central, so you can free up a slot in this case.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Is the phone must connect to internet to wipe data ? i block my phone number 1st then after that i log into central to wipe data, is it too late ?

• will the phone once connect to internet will auto delete data ?after i click delete data, there is no notification in central, is it normal ?

• another question is do i need to remove device in central to wait for wipe data or just leave it ?

• Hi @coldblood,

There will be a prompt requesting for your confirmation once the wipe comand is initiated in Central. After confirming the wipe, the comand will reach the device and it will go through the built-in factory reset process. The device will appear "at risk" in Central, but you can remove it to free up the slot. If the comand was already initiated, it is no longer necessary to keep the slot occupied.

Regards

• Hi i already confirm to wipe but the device still on protect in central means it not yet receive the command ?

• You can simply delete the device from Central, the comand does not automatically remove the device from the list.