Unable to see most of my computers on a home network

I used to see all my computers on my network but now I can’t. I ran Windows troubleshooter on one of them: incoming connections—> Find this computer on the network.

The result says: Security or firewall setting might be blocking the connection. When diving in the details, I get the above message multiple times…

Settings that might be blocking the connection:

Provider name: IGNIS

Provider description: IGNIS

Filter name: Bitdefender Firewall

Someone has a clue about how to resolve this?

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @jfd553,

Can you see the computers in the home network if you disable the Bitdefender firewall?

If yes, try the following:

Go to Network Adapters tab and set the network type to Home/Office using the drop-down menu near its name 2. Then, from the same Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right , then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

If this doesn't work, add a network exception by following the steps in this article:

If the above steps do not solve the issue, click on the Settings tab from Firewall module and switch OFF Port scan protection. 

In the event the issue persists, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes and what solution applies for you.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

I have now noticed that you have also raised a ticket with our Support teams and the issue was solved.

Answers

• The first procedure suggested by support didn't work but I finally solved my problem by doing what you suggest.

Cool +1 

• Hi @jfd553,

Thank you for your confirmation. I'm glad I could help.

Regards