Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Upgraded From BD Family Pack To BD Premium Security. Any Explanation For These Two Solutions?

Options

Just upgraded from Family Protection Security to Premium, thinking I would be getting a high level of security. All I seem to have is the addition of VPN. Also instead of an upgrade I now have the two subscriptions....

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

First, let's clarify some things.

The Bitdefender Premium Security solution includes these programs/services:

• Bitdefender Total Security (Bitdefender Total Security for Windows, Bitdefender Antivirus for macOS and Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android and iOS)
    • Bitdefender Premium VPN (For Windows, macOS, Android and iOS)
    • Bitdefender Password Manager (For Windows, macOS, Android and iOS) and
    • Bitdefender Premium Priority Support

Now, all you need to do is to reallocate ALL your devices to the new Bitdefender Premium Security subscription, by following these steps:

At the end, don't forget to stop the auto-renewal for the old Bitdefender Family Pack subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal. From my personal experience, Method 1 does the job.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Andy1966uk,

I have located your open ticket and asked our colleagues to prioritize your request. You will receive a response shortly. Our Support Teams received an increased number of requests lately, thus some delays are expected in this period. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

In regards to subscription management, Bitdefender has transitioned to a new and upgraded subscription model, which allows subscriptions to be either extended, or activated in parallel in the Central account, with the scope to protect more devices.

This also allows the Central account to accommodate multiple subscriptions of the same kind, or even different subscriptions, for more flexibility.

When upgrading your subscription with a new purchase, the new activation code sent cannot extend the validity of a different product or package, because of the different characteristics of each solution/package. As such, you will be given the option to activate the new subscription in parallel with the existing one. This means that, in the event the previous subscription still has some remaining validity, the two will overlap for the remaining duration, until the previous one expires. When this happens, the devices protected by the previous subscription will be automatically allocated to the next subscription active in the Central account that can protect their respective operating systems. Of course, you may also reallocate the covered devices to the new subscription manually, before the end of the term, by following the steps from the article provided by @Gjoksi above.

When it comes to upgrades, I think the best practice is to wait for the existing license to expire and then purchase the new subscription and redeem the code received per email on the day of purchase, so that it doesn't loose any validity, because the subscription validity countdown starts from the purchase date, regardless of the Central activation timestamp. This way, the subscriptions will not overlap, or they will do so for a short period of time.

Last but not least, as Gjoksi pointed out, when upgrading to a different package it is important to disable the automatic renewal of the previous subscription , so that it doesn't renew at the due date, as each order has its individual billing cycle.

I hope the explanation is useful. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reply on the thread.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user