Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Can I Activate The Green Ticks In Web Searches?

Hi, I am new to Bitdefender. When I did a web search with my previous provider, green ticks would come up in search results - how can I activate this in Bitdefender?

Thank you!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

The feature you are talking about is called SEARCH ADVISOR and it is part of the Bitdefener's Online Threat Prevention.

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Protection -> Online Threat Prevention and see if "Search Advisor" is enabled.

Search Advisor ia a component that rates the results of your search engine queries and the links posted on social networking websites by placing an icon next to every result:

You should not visit this webpage.

This webpage may contain dangerous content. Exercise caution if you decide to visit it.

This is a safe page to visit.

Search Advisor rates the search results from the following web search engines:

● Google

● Yahoo!

● Bing

● Baidu

Search Advisor rates the links posted on the following online social networking services:

● Facebook

● Twitter

Check out this article:

I'm a Mozilla Firefox 107.0.1 64bit user with Google set as default search engine.

When i do a search, the green flags (green checkmarks) sometimes appear and sometimes don't appear for the search results.

Let's say i type "Bitdefender" in Google and the green flags will appear. Few minutes later i type "Bitdefender" again, but this time the flags will not appear.

This happens all the time, no matter what i type in the Google search box. Sometimes they appear and sometimes they don't appear, in no particular order and in no particular time. And there is nothing you could do about it.

But, if you wanna see the checkmarks (ticks) every time you do a web search, then you should install the Bitdefender TrafficLight add-on:

Regards.

• Thank you Gjoksi.

It is activated, so still not sure why it isn't working... I use the Firefox browser and I wonder if it has something to do with that (when I go into add-ons in Firefox it says "This add-on is not actively monitored for security by Mozilla. Make sure you trust it before installing.", so I am not sure if it is safe.

Also, it is not working in Edge/Bing.

Perhaps I should do a restart and see if that works!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Of course it is safe, it is an add-on developed by Bitdefender, not by some other company.

Tried it by myself and the results are below.

With TrafficLight enabled:

With TrafficLight disabled:

Update to the latest version of Firefox which is 107.0.1, than install the add-on, next do a system restart and see if that helps.

Regards.