Why Can't I Turn Off My App Lock In BD Mobile Security?

Ronnnie
Ronnnie
edited December 2022 in Mobile Security

Hi anyone/everyone

I have a Samsund A41 phone using Android 11.

some of my apps have been locked by Bitdefender, when I try to unlock them I'm asked for a pin, I presume that my phone pin is what is required but this doesn't work so I'm unable to unlock the apps.

could someone please help?

regards Ronnie

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Hello.

That PIN is actually the PIN you already set for the "App Lock" module, during the installation of the app on your phone.

Do the following:

Regards.

Answers

• Hi Gjoksi

thanks for your excellent fast help, you have remedied my issue, I do feel a bit stupid for not remembering that I had set a pin, it's down to my age no doubt, things don't stick in the memory as they used to.

excellent service from Bitdefender as always 10/10.

regards Ronnnie

• Excellent @Gjoksi !

Thanks for following up @Ronnnie 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I just downloaded bitdefender and had the same issue, how can I disable this so I don't need a password every time I use my phone. Thank you

• Hi @114m8 and welcome to the Community!

It depends whether you wish to use the Anti-Theft feature or not. You can find out more information on configuration by clicking on the below article. Anti-Theft can also be managed directly from your Central account, where you can lock your device and set a PIN code for unlocking it by using the Lock device option.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user